Maker api with hubitat cloud on home assistant

How can I add my hubitat to home Assistant? I made the app in hubitat and removed ssl encryption but what do I add to the home assistant to connect to the hub? What url? Is there a port I need to forward?

I assume you mean that you want to have devices and other details from your Hubitat hub in Home Assistant? Then you need to follow the instructions on the HACS repo for the Hubitat integration:

If you want to go the other way and bring HA devices into HE, then you can also setup the HA Device Bridge:

3 Likes

It doesn't seem to explain how to do it with the cloud url instead of the local IP. Their on different networks.

Is there a standard port? Idek how to figure out how to add the cloud url.

Hmmm... Good luck...?

Can't claim much experience on this space myself.... Hopefully others can contribute....

Oh ok. Thanks anyway tho. I'll see if I can figure something out.

Actually, why do you need to have you HE access HA via the Internet? Are they not on the same LAN? Or are they in different locations?

Separate locations. Separate networks. Yerp.

Hmmm... Feels like an interesting challenge to those making HE available in HA, or more specifically making multiple locations available. Any ideas @jason0x43?

I'm not sure any existing integration can do it via the cloud. You might have to write something custom, or install a continuously connected VPN in between the two sites.

I'm not saying it can't be done, in fact I'm pretty sure it can be. I'm just saying that I don't think there's anything already created that will do that.

1 Like

How about VPN between these locations?

Sounds like an "interesting challenge"... :wink:

1 Like

Have you considered using tailscale? Than all devices (or whatever you choose) will be on the same network. It is ridiculously easy to setup.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.