Maker API Used In HomeSeer Lost Hub Control

I have for years now been using the HT hub (since C-5 then C-7 now C-8) and the Maker API and pulling the device information into HomeSeer. When setting up the devices in HS the HT hub controls always came over with the Maker API so you could sync data, reboot the HT hub, change modes etc. Since the C-8 sync data, reboot doesn’t come over through the Maker API. Is there anyway to fix this so that the controls come over again? Is was great to be able to reboot the HT hub from HS but the main thing was the sync control that I used frequently when adding devices in HT that I wanted to use in HS.

Maker API does not provide a way to reboot the hub. If the HomeSeer plugin was doing that, it must have been using a different method. This is possible to do with an HTTP POST to https://hubitat.local/hub/reboot (where hubitat.local is your hub's IP address or actual mDNS name if that works on your network), but if you have hub login security enabled, that won't work without sending along authentication data in a cookie.

So, my first thought is that maybe you changed something, like hub login security. If you didn't but still suspect it was the upgrade, you could downgrade with the Diagnostic Tool to see if the issue persists. Either way, you're more likely dealing with a problem on the HomeSeer plugin side that may be better addressed by that author, as I can't think of anything on the Hubitat side that would have changed.

2 Likes

Were you perhaps using the Hub Information driver to do the reboot via Maker API? As a command on the Hub Info Device?

I guess in the end, the question is "How were you doing the reboot?"

2 Likes