Maker API CloudURL not working? Or am I doing something wrong?

I am trying both local and cloud end-point urls to send a simple On command to a kasa plug. Both Url's kickback an error.

{"error":true,"type":"AppException","message":"Not Found"}

http://192.168.1.XXX/apps/api/673/devices/47/on/?access_token=XXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX

https://cloud.hubitat.com/api/074a5084-05a5-4146-8701-23e69bc1ae62/apps/673/devices/47/on/?access_token=XXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX

Is that series of numbers after "api/" the token-id? It's different from the token that was generated.

I've removed the maker api program, re-installed, rebooted the hub. Both links do not work.

Also, Get all devices and full details for cloud kicks back:

No response from Hub

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot why the cloud endpoint url isn't reachable? Should I uninstall the app, and then reboot and reinstall?

Have you already gone into Apps > Maker API > and authorized/included whichever device(s) (e.g. the one occupying id 47 on your hub) that you want to control/poll through those URL's?

You must do this prior to invoking either the Cloud or Local endpoints of that form; otherwise, Maker API will simply play dumb and issue no response to those calls.

See

Yes, before and after removing and reinstalling the Maker API app. I am going to try to uninstall, reboot, reinstall, select all apps and then generate the token. This was working fine weeks ago. I just came back to tinker with it for an idea I had and seeing that it's no longer working for me.

EDIT: That fixed it. Reboot after removal of app, did the trick. Working as expected now.

1 Like

When you get around to conducting further tests, be sure to post a screenshot of your actual MAKER API's list of included devices, to confirm you've got the target device among them. You already know to safeguard your hub-specific private access tokens, which is smart thinking.

Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.