Maker API (cloud) not working after C8 migration

Existing maker api URLs for cloud don't work after migrating from C7 to C8. Local URLs work so token seems fine. The device ID in maker API matches device ID in hubitat account info (ie, C8 hub ID and not C7). Is it possible cloud is still trying to use the C7 hub ID, which is resulting in "no response from hub".

1 Like

Trying to remember what I did here. Only using it for NodeRed, but I do remember needing to resave the webHook in it. Hub ID is "number" after the /api in the cloud URL, i.e.

https://cloud.hubitat.com/api/[Hub ID]/apps/[App ID]/devices/[Device ID]?access_token=[Token Value]

1 Like

Hmm. I even created another maker API instance and still the cloud url fails to respond. This second maker instance (also) shows the C8's device ID. I'm just copy/pasting the cloud URL directly into the browser to keep it simple. Not sure what else to do. Just seems like something somewhere the old/C7 ID is cached on the hubitat cloud. Not sure.

What are you connecting MakerAPI to on the other side?

this is expected your id will have changed on the new hub.. you will need to change your stored cloud urls.

Do you have a static IP set on the new hub? If so, could your DNS be set up wrong? One way to test: go to Settings > Network Setup, then launch the "Network Test" tool from the link at the upper right. Use it to try to ping cloud.hubitat.com, or really anything on the Internet.

But also note that, as mentioned above, your hub UI will have changed. This is part of the cloud URL. Device IDs and app IDs will not change (nor will local URLs because that is all they contain; this is unique to the cloud URL). So, make sure that you verified the entire URL, not just the short app and device IDs.

device id is not enough your access_token id will have changed on the c8.. are you sure you are using the new access token id?

Thanks for all the suggestions but seems like I got it working. Could be coincidence but after I soft reset my old C7 and restarted my C8, maker API cloud URLs started working again. I'm guessing the soft reset did something on the hubitat server side because I made no changes other than the reset.

I followed the guide for migration but don't recall anything about a reset on the old hub. I probably missed something I'm sure. I should note that I reused the C7's IP address on the C8. Once migrated, I kept the C7 powered off.

That's because it's unrelated to your issue, so it's just coincidence, as you also guessed. :smiley: But I don't know what would have fixed it. I have seen a few reports of weird network connectivity issues when your local gateway goes offline, or perhaps some other cause yet to be determined, that a reboot helps with, so that might have done it...

Yup, that was my issue with the flutter app I wrote. This Hub id doesn't change all that often :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.