Major issues through weekend to now

Ok just venting here... Last couple of days, my HE has been failing at so many actions..

Moments ago latest experience.. kitchen lights are set to be on while motion is detected on any of 3 motion sensors. My wife asked "did I turn the lights off" so I quickly checked my motion dashboard and see 2 of the sensors have active motion.

Yesterday my notifications were ignoring the fact I pulled my clothes from dryer but continued to send reminders, but ONLY on my phone and not by voice on the speakers.

I know I should have searched for troubleshooting but this was quicker... I'm sorry, but who can give me best practice for finding the problems?

Brett

All of this below could lead to something, or it could be nothing.

• If you are tracking your hub CPU and Memory metrics I would check that.
  • Check the past logs for any errors or warnings.
  • Check Logs > App Stats and Device Stats, look for anything with > 2.0 percent of total
  • When done with that, shut down hub, pull power for 30 seconds then reboot.

See if problems continue or return, and monitor the above for any signs of problems.

3 Likes

Thanks I do see a post about the metrics... I will be watching closer

This allows you to track current values of metrics: [RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

3 Likes

Thank you very much .. will install this when I get back on

I have added this and the subsequent virtual device. Does it track information or just a view for me to be able to see current data?

It only tracks it by the event history, so you could filter that to see the recent history.

Otherwise for charting I think the app is Simple Charts, also webCore can do charts. Most extreme option is exporting the data to a database and using Grafana (which can all be cloud hosted on free plans I think).

Thank you