Lutron/ring integration I want light to come on dimmed

Hello Hubitat Community! First Post here-I just got my C8, gave it a static ip, registered, added my first integration (to Lutron smart pro) and added al my Lutron devices. Now, what I would like to do is when the lutron dimmer switch is triggered by ring, it comes on but not fully- it comes on at a dimmed( maybe 25%) setting. Currently the lutron/ring integration just allows the light to come on full blast. Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Like

This can be done several ways in Hubitat.

One of the simplest is the Basic Rules app.

Not sure how Ring/Lutron integration works outside of Hubitat but you probably need to get Ring Hubitat integration in order to make rules inside Hubitat.
Community Ring integration below.

1 Like

This is a great point, and I assumed OP already had Ring integrated directly with Hubitat but now realize they never said they had.

Hubitat’s ring integration is an example of a custom one created by a community developer.

There’s also documentation on adding custom app code and custom driver code to your hub.

One very popular option that simplifies the installation of community developer code onto your hub is the Hubitat Package Manager. HPM is itself a community code contribution, and must be installed manually, but it has excellent documentation on how to do that, and then how to use it to install other drivers and apps.

Alternatively, depending on how you’re already using your ring system, it’s possible to pair some ring devices, e.g. motion or contact sensors—but not a doorbell—directly to Hubitat, since they are z-wave devices.

Those devices would no longer function directly with Ring and its mobile app, though.

@matt.salamon Welcome to Hubitat! Take a look at this post. It will show you how to get Hubitat Package Manager installed. This will have the Ring integration in it, and you can use simple rules to do what you want. The post will also help avoiding some gotchas...

1 Like

I dont see how this can be done with basic rules- there is no ring integration set in my Hubitat.... I did start the process of adding a ring integration- i installed Package Manager and then installed the Ring Integration-

but I'm now stuck- I read that I should create an instance of the Ring int app - but do not see how to do that....

It appears that maybe you simply installed a custom Device Driver for the Ring Z-Wave Motion Sensor. This driver would only be used if you decided to remove your Ring Motion sensors from the Ring Alarm controller, and instead directly pair them with your Hubitat hub.

I believe what you probably would like to do instead, is connect your Ring Alarm system with your Hubitat Hub. This would then allow the Ring Alarm system's contact and motion sensors to 'appear' inside your Hubitat hub as 'devices'. Then, these devices can be used in Hubitat Automations, to control your lights.

Take a look at this thread

3 Likes