Lutron RadioRA2 Integration credentials - any way to change them?

TL;DR - Reliance of the Hubitat Lutron integration for RadioRA2 on default credentials is incompatible with recent versions of RadioRA2 software.

Hi there. I have a Lutron RadioRA2 system in my home, and up until a month ago, when my system integrator came and updated the softward and deleted the default username ("lutron") and password ("integration") the integration (Lutron Integrator / Lutron RadioRA2 Integration apps) worked great.

He was back at my house recently, and I asked him to add them back. He informed me that the latest versions of the Lutron software strongly discourage use of the default username and password, and that their presence puts my Lutron Main Repeater in a strange lockout such that nothing works. (I observed this first hand). Unfortunately, this means that today's Lutron integration for Hubitat is kind of broken. Is there any way that it could be modified to allow users to enter alternate credentials?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,
Did you find a solution to this problem? I am new to Hubitat and have been unable to get integration with RadioRA2 to work. I did add the lutron/integration telnet account in, and like you mentioned, it breaks the entire RadioRA2 system.

Thanks,
Marc

FYI, I'm using Radio RA2 Essentials 12.10.0

I wonder if this is something that started with version 12.10.0, I’m on 12.9.0 and the telnet connection works as intended with the default login info.

@bravenel may have some insight.

lutron/integration is the only set of login credentials on my 12.10 system and works fine:

Try deleting and re-adding the lutron/integration credentials. You could also try re-updating the firmware (Tools→Update Main Repeater Firmware).

If none of that works I'd suggest calling Lutron support. They're very good.

2 Likes

Interesting. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the Lutron management app, and it costs hundreds of dollars to get my integrator to come. I think I once tried to study and pass the integrator tests to get access to the software, but for some reason, I failed. Either I didn't study hard enough, or I lack the aptitude. Probably both. As an end user, my strong preference is to have configurable credentials. Oh well.

The old default credentials definitely work on 12.10 and your installer should have been able to get it working. The security "issue" only exists if a bad actor was able to get into your local network. And then they could turn your lights on and off. That's it.

A way to test the functioning of any credentials outside of Hubitat is to start a Telnet session and log in. Telnet is not a default part of either Windows or MacOS, so you may need to install Telnet. It's easy on both platforms, but a little easier and faster on Windows. Here is what it looks like on MacOS:
Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 12.57.19 PM

I'd suggest trying the training again. Since RadioRA 3 has come out they've re-jiggered the training, even for RadioRA 2. But I don't know exactly what they've done other than make 2nd level all CBT now too. You may need level 2 depending on how your installer set up the system.

1 Like

I didn't have Hubitat prior to 12.10 upgrade... But I still have the 12.9 install files, so I may try down grading. I'll have to make sure there are no problems doing that.

Thanks for the info.

Interesting.. I have a second preconfigured account. I had assumed this 2nd one is what replaced the default. But that was just a guess.

Home Control+ is the really old Lutron phone app. It was replaced by the Connect Bridge/new phone app..

At some point, I forget when, there was an update that deleted the lutron/iintegration credentials.

You project has no Telnet logins. You need to add the lutron/integration login and then Hubitat should be able to control your RadioRA 2 system.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.