Lutron RadioRA 2 12.2.1 update

Lutron has released updated Main Repeater firmware/programming software, version 12.2.1. The changes are:

1. Support Maestro LED+ Dimmer: Added support for the new phase selectable Maestro LED+ Dimmer for simpler dimmer specification and installation. This is a "universal" dimmer, neutral optional, forward and reverse phase. Higher LED load ratings than previous dimmers. List price $189, so higher than other LED dimmers other than the existing phase-adaptive dimmer.
  2. Data Privacy Compliance: Removed default credentials, requiring username/password to be manually configured for integration. When I upgraded it offered to remove default Telnet credentials. @bravenel Hubitat either needs to make login credentials configurable or document that a lutron/integration login needs to be added to the Main Repeater. (If you upgrade the software asks if you want to remove those default credentials.)
  3. Support for 0-10V and Switching PowPak modules in Essentials: These products are now available in both Inclusive and Essentials.
  4. Remove Support for LHC+ Mobile App: Details are provided to the user of the app for upgrading to the Lutron Connect app which provides an updated user experience without a subscription. This means a Connect Bridge is required for Lutron phone app use, so no Hubitat impact.
2 Likes

What happens if you simply decline to remove the default credentials? Do they remain enabled?

They do, but I imagine for new installs that the old defaults aren't even there and would have to be added manually.

1 Like

We will document what the credentials need to be, but not introduce a change to the code.

I totally understand the decision from a pragmatic perspective, but I hope configurable credentials are somewhere on the roadmap. I know the risk is super low, but I prefer to change default passwords whenever I can.

We're going to wait to see what the do with Caséta. Presumably this change will make its way there as well. In the meantime, it's less risky for us to just document it. Settable credentials is a nice plan, but requires encrypting passwords, etc. The effort way outweighs the benefit.

2 Likes

I accidentally accepted yes in the up date and now telnet can’t connect with hubitat. Do y’all know how to get the default credentials that work with hubitat back?

Try setting the username and password back to the Lutron default values as explained previously in another thread by @bravenel.

In the Lutron software go to Settings, Integration menu and add the lutron user and integration password

Thank you everyone for being so prompt and helpful. Amazing community.

FYI I learned Lutron has a 15min telnet lockout if a 3rd party system fails to connect 10 times of more.. to fix this you need to power cycle your repeater (hub).

1 Like

Lutron n00b here. I have radioRA2 essentials, but I don’t know where to get the 12.2 software. I also have access to design vive 12.0 but the RRD-PRO dimmer doesn’t show up. Where do you download the 12.2 software?

You get it from the software download selection from the myLutron site (the link at the top of the main Lutron.com site).

If you're really a n00b you'll have to take the RadioRA 2 online training (a few hours of marketing and technical topics) for the software to be made available to you.

Hubitat / Lutron noob here. I recently had a floodlight installed on the back our home. The electrician installed a Lutron Vive PowPak wirelessly controlled with a Caseta Pico switch so that they didn't have to fish a wire from the basement to the second floor. Is it possible to control the PowPak with Hubitat? If so can someone explain what is needed to do this?

I am NOT able to control the PowPak using the Caseta Smart Bridge and Lutron Caseta android app. The app will recognize the Pico switch, but apparently the PowPak is not compatible with the Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge/android app.

A Vive system won't work with a Caséta or RadioRA 2 system. Lutron makes a lot of stuff across lines that are similar/the same functionality except for control capabilities.

To enable control in Hubitat you would need to replace the Vive with a RadioRA 2 PowPak. You'd also need a RadioRA 2 Main Repeater. And maybe some basic, free on-line training if you want to be able to configure the system yourself.

For a single light it's probably not worth it. But a RadioRA 2 lighting system is among the best, especially for a semi-DIY system. Combined with Hubitat the system can compete in functionality and aesthetics with dealer-only installed automation systems.

Bill, thanks for you quick response. Do you have some ballpark $ figures for RadioRA 2 PowPak and RadioRA 2 Main Repeater? I tried searching and was rather confused by the PowPak results I was seeing, but I found a main repeater on Amazon for ~$350. Thanks again!

I don't have any PowPaks. RadioRA 2 programming used to (until this fall) restrict PowPaks to the Inclusive level. They are now available to use at the Essentials level. The difference between Essentials and Inclusive is now 1) training. Essentials is online and free, Inclusive is in person and charged for, 2) technical - Essentials can have up to 95 devices, Inclusive can go to 190 and has a few more specialized controls available.

I now buy all my stuff from Hanks Electric (http://hankselectric.supply), my contact is Paul Willemson (paul@hankselectric.net ). He can give you a competitive quote and technical advice as well.

Thanks so much!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.