Lutron Pico + Curtain Shade

Hi,

I got my Lutron Pico and Qubino Shade conigured properly.
Individualy they work perfectlty.
But once I conffigure Button Controller to open / close the shade, nothing happens:
In the log I see the pico button firing and an error message something about null target device.

Any help on how I can use my Lutron Pico to open close my curtain shade would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ted

Can you post a screenshot of what command you are using for your Pico? What command are you choosing?

This is what I am doing with the same driver, curtain motor and controller you are using.

The top two buttons on the middle pico control the curtains. The bottom two control zwave + roller blinds in the same room.

I would think you would want to enable the Release and then put in the Stop this shade for the release for each button. What happens when you issue the raise or lower command from the edit device page?

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't tried anything yet. Still fighting to get Qubino shutter to work properly. Will get back to you guys when I get the shutter to function as expected.

Ted, I suspect you're getting the "null target device" message because you have Use held enabled, but nothing defined in button controller for the held device.

If it's supported, then yes I would think that held and released would be the way to go with shades, otherwise I would think they would go full open with one button, and full closed with the other. Unless that's what you want. I'm guessing because I have a house with shutters. No shades. :grin:

You can have a button controller where you only define held for some buttons. Not defining a held shouldn't affect the press action at all.

But you have tried it where you don't define any? I have not and that might be the difference here. If that is causing an error, then it's obviously not the result @bravenel intended, but then again, if you don't define a single device for held, then it wouldn't make sense to have Use Held enabled anyway.

Personally, I think that's the problem right there. But hey, that's just me. :slight_smile: Maybe after the device is working he can report back how he has it set up with button controller.
And I can't imagine the functionality of button controller would rest on having at least one held action defined. If it does, I would be shocked.

I'm only suggesting if it did, that would not be intended behavior (AKA a bug).

And I'm saying that the problem is that the device isn't working the HE at all yet. How can you make any conclusion about Button Controller when the device he was trying to control can't be controlled from Hubitat? Just seems a leap to me.

Where do I say I'm concluding?

That's what a conclusion looks like.

Fine....how can you make any suggestion, inference or insinuation about button controller when the device that is trying to be controlled isn't working?

Because that's how I troubleshoot. I find a list of suspects and correct anything that's not normal or remove items that are unnecessary. I wouldn't suspect his shades causing that error based on his original post.

I see that he's "fighting" with something, but it's quite a leap to say that's the problem based on a single comment. I don't know what properly means to him.

1 Like