Lutron Pico CHEAP

For anyone using these remotes Amazon has the white one for only $15
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KLAXFQ0

$11.74 at Energy Avenue.
$14.95 at Home Depot.

2 Likes

It's been $14.95 on Amazon for ~2 years. Energy Avenue does have a better deal as @Eric.C.Miller points out.

3 Likes

Oops. Sorry. I saw the other colors listed for $40 so I figured this was good deal. My bad.

2 Likes

Eric,
What is that pricing screen you posted?

1 Like

It was me (@aaiyar) not Eric :smiley:

Anyway, that was camelcamelcamel.com

2 Likes

Just a heads up. If purchasing as a one off I believe Energy Ave is close if not more with shipping, however if purchased in quantity becomes cheaper then Amazon.

1 Like

Thanks, I don't use them because I don't have a 2nd hub/bridge for them. Just saw what I thought was a good price and wanted to share.

We've had a free shipping code for Energy Avenue posted here for over a year - Energy Avenue still honored it as of my last order (December, I think). Also, they are very good about free shipping deals if you call and speak to them.

3 Likes

Thanks for this Eric, they had put a hold on the code a while back, but I just verified it is again working.

1 Like

Yeah, the 5-button ("3-button with raise/lower," in Lutron speak) white Picos are pretty cheap, but prices get crazy fast with most non-light-engraved Picos (e.g., the fan Pico) or other colors besides white and light almond.

They are all pretty much the exact same thing beyond the appearance, so I can only assume it's Lutron doing what Lutron doe best: charging more because they want to. :slight_smile: (And some people would consider other colors or engravings "premium.")

1 Like

It’s interesting to me that most Lutron Caseta devices are pricey, but the standard Picos are bargain priced at $15 each (or less).

In a Lutron only setup Picos don’t really do much. Mostly meant for multi switch setups or table/bedside scenes. But with HE’s awesome integration it opens doors to so many additional use cases.

1 Like

I have always assumed it’s because the 3-button with raise/lower (which @bertabcd1234 correctly referred to it as) is probably much more commonly used than other pico’s, so its manufacturing cost and wholesale/retail prices reflect that.

I want some picos with the little shade icons sooooo badly. But not quite enough to pay the going rate for them...

I may need to look into getting a label maker.

I got one on a whim last year, and I've been using the heck out of it - it's turned out to be a nice lil' investment!

1 Like

Which one?

What kind of label maker? And do you use the standard white tape? Have you tried the transparent tape?

This one... It's got plenty of features, long battery life, and has never jammed. Also easy to resupply tape from Amazon. I just use stock white tape - I haven't had a need to try any transparent varieties.

Amazon.com : Brother P-Touch, PTH110, Easy Portable Label Maker, Lightweight, Qwerty Keyboard, One-Touch Keys, White : Office Products

1 Like