Lutron Integration

Hi, I am setting up a lutron Integration to my RA2 System. I was successful in adding a bunch of devices but left the balance until I had some time to add them. I added around 80 + devices this morning, hit the done button and now I get this error in the logs

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object on line 125 (method mainPage)

I am not able to see the new devices or open the lutron to see the devices.

Thanks for any advice or help.

Not sure what the issue is, I'd suggest restarting to see if that clears your issue.

Are you using interactive or configuration list method? If you have a lot of devices the list method is a lot easier. You can use Excel & its formulas to build your list using data from the integration report.

1 Like

If things are really messed up on your hub, you may want to restore a recent backup to at least get back to a working system. The hub creates a local backup file every day, usually in the early morning hours, which is kept on the hub.

1 Like

I am using the interactive setup. I did the backup and am starting over. May just try and add 20 devices at a time, check it, back up and keep going.

1 Like

I have Successfully added all the devices in the lutron Integration. They show up in the list but the recently added devices are not showing up in the device tab in hubitat. I am getting this error now in the logs but can at least go into the Lutron Integrator.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'value' on null object on line 158 (method updated)

I got it all up and running. I deleted the Lutron Integration and re-installed everything. I used the configuration list this time. All now works properly. Would un-activated devices being added to the lutron integration cause this error? I did not add them this time just in case and will add them once they finally ship.

1 Like

Unattached devices might cause Telnet errors, not java errors.

It might cause errors, if the Hubitat code was not written to handle non-existent physical devices. I have never heard of anyone trying to add Lutron devices to Hubitat that do not exist yet on the Lutron side. :thinking:

Tagging @bravenel and @mike.maxwell from Hubitat, to see what their thoughts are on this.

1 Like

The hub doesn't know what devices are on the Lutron system, only what the user says they are. It will send commands to them, and if they aren't actual devices, those commands would do nothing on the Lutron system -- Lutron might respond with an error message. I think such an error message would be ignored by the hub.

2 Likes