Lutron integration issues/questions

A followup question in my ongoing "quest" to automate my office lights, I recently installed a Lutron switch to control these ceiling lights via Hubitat, but I am having trouble controlling the lights with Hubitat. My Lutron system consists of only the following three devices:

• Smart Bridge Pro 2 -- I have reserved a fixed IP for the hub.
  • Original Smart Dimmer (4 buttons)
  • Pico Remote 3BRL (5 buttons)

The Lutron system is working fine. Both the wall dimmer switch and the Pico remote control the lights correctly. The Lutron app(iOS) controls the lights properly, too. For Hubitat integration, I followed these two videos:

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to27_RIEUSQ
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTIy3ajNqjQ

My Lutron 'config' looks very similar to what I see in video #2, but I am not making any headway when it comes to controlling my lights using the Rule Machine. In this screenshot it shows the Fast Pico driver, but I have tried the other Pico driver as well.

Lutron Pico Driver

When I try a "test" Rule, nothing happens, other than the actions getting logged.

If I push the button(s) on the Pico, the 'Current States' panel on the Devices page shows the appropriate button as being pushed (and released) and the light responds as expected. However, if I enter a button number and click on 'Push' or 'Release', I don't see it reflected in the Current States, nor does it do anything to the lights.

Assuming I am going about it incorrectly, can someone please post a sample rule for a Lutron-based dimmer/pico to turn on a light at a certain time and turn it back off after some interval?

A couple more questions for my curiosity about Lutron's Integration Report:

1. It only shows 2 items, Bridge and Pico, in the 'Devices' section. Shouldn't it also list the 4-button wall dimmer switch?

2. Why are the Pico remote buttons numbered 2-6?! (It shows that way in the video #2.) The Devices page does output the button numbers being from 1-5.

Thanks for any info you can provide,

-Adil

Your picture shows 3 devices. The dimmer is ID 2. Within the Lutron system the button numbers are 2,5,3,6,4 and get mapped to Hubitat's user friendly 1,2,3,4,5.

1 Like

A rule won't help if you don't get those states in the upper right corner to change when pushing/holding/releasing the Pico.

Did you turn on the Telnet option in the Lutron Bridge? It is in the same area as the Send Integration Report of the Advanced menu. You didn't put a time stamp in your 2nd link, here is that same video where he does this. https://youtu.be/pTIy3ajNqjQ?si=FxWD1Fwx9UWkyYhQ&t=289

Can you screenshot your Lutron Integration settings in the Hubitat, that grey box in your screenshot above where it says "Select Lutron Devices" so we can see what the settings are in there?

1 Like

Unpair the pico from the switch in the lutron app. Look at your integration and make sure your switch is listed on the hub... It will look like this

Code, Integration number, description (desc can be anything you want)

Once that is confirmed you will see the device listed under devices.

Control the lights directly for any rule you set up. It's wasteful to use a rule on the pico to turn the light on. That said, use button controller to create rules for the pico to either turn the light on or off, or if you want to something else like turn on a non lutron device or send a message or what have you...

Yes, it's gotta be in there somewhere... Look more towards the bottom of the report. If you can email it to yourself and open it in notepad in your pc...

Right it's a 5 button pico and this will be shown on the device page. from top to bottom it's 1,2,3,4,5. (Center is 3)

1 Like

@bill.d - I saw that ID: 2, but it was in the Zones section. Given it's a device, I was expecting to see an entry in the Devices section, as well.

Control the lights directly for any rule you set up. It's wasteful to use a rule on the pico to turn the light on. That said, use button controller to create rules for the pico to either turn the light on or off, or if you want to something else like turn on a non lutron device or send a message or what have you...

@rlithgow - Thank you for this comment! It clarified my misconception about the devices.

@neonturbo - Yes, Telnet Support was on. I also switched to using the 'configuration list' style of entry, and this is what the 'configuration list' looks like now:

d,2,Office wall dimmer  // added this
p,3,Office Pico

Again, thanks for the quick responses. I am all set (for now!)

1 Like