Lutron Integration devices not being created

I have 9 Lutron Picos and a dimmer all working without issues. When I went to add another Pico and another dimmer last night, the devices are not being created in the devices list. I can however see entries under the log viewer for Lutron Telnet if I press a button on one of them. My hub is a C-4 on version 2.06.112. Everything worked fine when I set up the first 10 devices a couple months ago. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Shot in the dark...reboot the Lutron bridge?

I assume you added them to the Lutron App on your phone, correct? Did you also go into the Hubitat Lutron Connect App and manually add the new devices there as well? They are not auto-discovered.

Did that and also rebooted the Hubitat but no luck. I don't think it has anything to do with the Lutron bridge. Both the pico and the dimmer work fine in the Lutron app. I can also see them communicate with the correct ID numbers in the Hubitat log under the Lutron Telnet device. It's just that Hubitat is not creating the devices after I add them in the Lutron Integrator.

Yup....same as I did to add the first 10 devices that are still working fine.

Reach out to @bravenel. He may have seen this before.

Thank you. I'll do that.

I would also suggest looking at your past logs for any errors with the Lutron Integration app. You can also open live logging in another tab and open the Lutron app and click done to see if error happen.

1 Like

I had this happen once. i ended up deleting the lutron app and then re-adding everything. Luckily I only had a few devices in at that time.

I’ve seen one other user post with a similar issue in the past also. I think there is a bug there, but the other user did the same thing I did and the bug was never chased down.

Which method do you use to add the devices in the Lutron Integration app in Hubitat?

Do you use the interactive, step-by-step method or the configuration list method?

Thank you all for your advice. I heard back from support today and they confirmed this to be an issue but with only a small number of instances. It was recommended that I remove the Lutron Integration app and add everything back in. This has apparently been the fix before. Not ideal for certain but it's done now and everything worked correctly after reinstalling the Lutron Integration app.

2 Likes

I'm having what I think is a similar issue. When I add Lutron devices via the Lutron integrator app using the configuration list, the new devices are not appearing in my device list. I can however see them in Rule Machine. That leads me to conclude that there is an issue in the Device list that is preventing it from listing them. This sounds like a bug...

Does anyone know of a way to manually add a Lutron device?

I have added five Lutron Caseta devices in the last couple of days (3 dimmers, one switch and one Pico) without any problems. I run the integration report and manually add the new entries to the configuration list in the Lutron integration for whichever Lutron hub I added them to (I have two Lutron hubs). When I exit that and go to the device list . . . there they are.

I am on the .118 release as of a week ago.

No issues here either.

I just added 8 devices.

What I did notice though, is to make sure there is no white space below the last entry. This caused the device not to work for some reason. But it did create a device.

I've not had any more issues since the original one where I deleted the Lutron Integration app and reinstalled it. I have added a couple more Pico's since then and they have all went without issue.

1 Like

Thanks to all who responded! I found that it sometimes takes a while for the devices to register in the devices. They have now all appeared in my list.

1 Like

Glad to hear but that still sounds very odd to me. By habit, the next thing I do after clicking "Done" on the Lutron integration app is to go to the device page and check them. They are there as quickly as I can get to that page. I hope it's not an indication of another issue lurking . . .

1 Like

Yea, same here! I’ve added multiple Lutron devices and issue hasn’t reoccurred. Someone earlier mentioned that a blank space was required at the end - I wonder if I had just forgotten that and it appeared later when I added one... :man_shrugging:

Seem to be having this same issue, and there is a blank space at the end of my lutron integrator list. Is removing the app and beginning anew the only solution? Im trying to avvoid this theres quite a few lutron devices and rules involved in my list.

You need to be more forthcoming about what problem you are having.