Lutron Claro Caseta Accessary Smart switch now in stock

I have just ordered my first batch of Claro Caseta Accessary Switches. They are now in stock for contractors. I am sure retail will follow in about a week.

Please keep in mind that everyone of these switches can be added without being part of the Caseta 75 limit. They are for 3 way and 4 way configuration.

They look great; much better looking then the Pico Remote.

5 Likes

These are wired switches, is that correct?

1 Like

Correct.

Wired for 3 way and 4 way switches. They are a lot easier to install then you might think. The instructions are excellent. The main Diva switch can be in the load position or the line position.

Lutron has now replaced 'coming soon' with 'NEW' on their website; so they are going to be available everywhere in the next couple of days.

1 Like

Been waiting for these - need (4) and have been checking stock every couple of days. Some suppliers told me expected to be released first week of January. I used Claro 3-way dumb switches for now but don't like the feel and I want the one-tap for pre-set dim and double-tap for full-on of the accessory switch. Plus the feel of the accessory switch should be more consistent with the Caséta Diva/Claro.

1 Like

I just received mine. I am doing a 4 way right now. I will let you know how it is!!!

2 Likes

By the way I am doing a 7000sq foot home and I will easily make the 75 limit. Most of these big houses have a lot of 3 way and 4 way even 5 way lighting designs (old fashion home automation). That is why they have so many switches. If you look at the actual lights you will find far fewer then switches. That is why the Accessory Switch is better than Picos. They also look nicer then a Pico according to most of my customers.

2 Likes

1 Like

Here are a couple of pictures of the contractor version of the new Caseta Claro Accessory switch.

1 Like

So how did it go? I'll have mine tomorrow.

1 Like

They work amazing. Double tap for full lights and single tap goes to the level set. NO count towards the 75 units. :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

1 Like

Those that doubt that the new Diva, Claro and Claro accessory switch are not revolutionary should read this article. You can have up to 10 accessory switches (10 way) per circuit. Not that I have ever seen a use case; I have personally replaced a 5 way switch setup. Now available in many colors.

I was over at Home Deport the other day. They had the diva's marked at 69.00, holy hell..

1 Like

Revolutionary seems like an overstatement.

I think this statement from Lutron, which reads as more modest, seems accurate:

3 Likes

I agree with the comment and I respect your opinion. My opinion still stands because the new look, feel and color is a big part that opinion. You have to admit up to 10 accessory switches is crazy.

I also make my opinion as an installer. For me to install the new Caseta in to large homes and have 100% reliability has increased my profits a lot from when I had to RA2 only or Caseta and RA2 which I had to do mostly. These large homes generally have a lot of 3 way, 4 way and 5 way light switches so the accessory switch can keep me under the 75 limit increasing the ease of use and reliability for the customer and it greatly increases my profit. I also have less future Pico battery changes to worry about.

You can get them cheap on eBay or electrical distributors (they are the ones selling on eBay). I am generally paying $55 for the Diva Dimmer and $40 for the Claro Switch. Make sure you see Caseta Diva or Caseta Claro because there are dumb versions of both. Though I have yet to see it sold on eBay the Claro accessory switch should run for about $25. I am presently paying $30 from the distrubuter but that is because it is new.

1 Like

One other note about the look and feel. In the past when I showed the RA2 dimmer/switch or the old Caseta dimmer/switch I had to sell the customer on them; no customer ever loved them. Now when I show the new switch I get nothing but very positive response. They also grab the dimmer part and usually say something like; "hey this is easy". They also understand how it works so I do not have to spend 30 minutes explaining how as part of the selling process and then again during the teaching process.

3 Likes

It looks like the new line of Lutron Caseta devices made 'best of CES'

1 Like

I ordered the Claro Accessory Switches from Home Depot a week or so ago. They arrived and I look forward to installing them soon.

I’m one of those who never cared much for the original Caseta dimmer in terms of appearance, so I was very happy when they released the Diva for Caseta. I’m gradually replacing my original Caseta dimmers with the Diva, and giving my old Caseta dimmers to a family member.

Yes, Lutron is expensive, but they are the most reliable smart devices I have ever owned. It’s worth the extra expense in my opinion.

1 Like