Lutron Caseta Pro or RadioRA2?

So, I've had my HE sitting on my desk for a while doing less than nothing - its been a busy winter and haven't had time to start tearing down my ST environment and move things over. Now that its threatening to become Spring here in the North East I'm fixin' to get ready with the migration.

One thing I know I have to do is replace my Lutron Caseta system with either a Lutron Caseta Pro or a RadioRA2 solution to integrate with HE.

Questions I have are

• Core differences between the two. I've seen Lutron's info about # of devices, repeaters etc ... looking for more info on integration with HE pros/cons with each
  • Will my current Caseta wall switches work with RA2? I know they will work with the Caseta Pro after I remove them from the current Caseta hub and pair with the Pro ... cant determine if they will work in the RA2 system
  • If I go with the Pro2 can someone confirm that this is the proper Model# LLBDGPRO2WH
  • Should I choose to just simply upgrade the hub to the Cas Pro and i hit the 50device limit, can HE support multiple Pro Hubs?

Sorry if these seem like really simplistic questions but this is where I am getting mentally logjammed :slight_smile:

I want to port the Lutron bits over to HE first, then my Hue Bridge .... this is because the majority of my lights in the home are on one or the other - then I think I can use the Other Hub integration to slowly move over my ZWave and nonHue Zigbee bits as time allows

Yup, this is the one I got to upgrade from my non-pro Lutron bridge.

It’s working great so far.

1 Like

You can’t use Caseta switches with RA2 Select or RA2. However, you can use multiple Smart Bridge Pro units, so that is the best choice, and least expensive too. The RA2 switches are very pricey. Plus you have the bonus of programmable Picos.

1 Like

Thanks both of you :beer: … I was hoping you could run multiple Pros … so for an ~$100USD upgrade it is definitely the way I am gonna go

I have about 30 devices (dimmers, switches and picos) so I will probably migrate a room at a time which if all goes well will not negatively impact WAF which is VERY high with the current setup … I’ll screw up my things first (Home Office, Basement and Garage) LOL

1 Like

Wise choice.

So far Lutron devices have been great with the new hub, but I got cocky and moved some zigbee smart bulbs and a button controller over, and I think I’m running into some zigbee mesh issues. It’s in the living room. :man_facepalming:

Keep in mind that Caseta isn’t a mesh. If you’ve employed a plug-in dimmer as a range extender you’ll have to move that and your farthest devices all at once to the new hub or you’ll have problem.

Thanks … luckily the new hub will go in the office, so I wont need the extender at first … but the thought was get office working and controlled, then move everything else en mass

It’s pretty easy. I got my dozen devices moved using the older manual method (there’s a new easier way) in about 15 mins.

ORLY? I only found the old fashioned depair-despair ... got a link to EZMode? :beers:

1 Like

BTW, we are going to change this very soon to make it easier. You will be able to paste a list of devices into the integration app directly, without having to use this driver source method.

This will be in future release; not the very next release (coming soon), but the one after that.

2 Likes

Extra easy mode! Where’s the challenge? O_o

1 Like

Procrastination for the Win!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.