Lutron Caseta Diva 3-way Application

Maybe I’m the only one, but I can live with the appearance of a Diva next to a Pico. In fact, in some situations it’s helpful because a dimmer that is different in appearance helps me to remember which dimmer controls which lights.

1 Like

I'm sure you are not the only one. I personally never liked the Caseta design - just the reliability. I much prefer the Diva, for both design and function. I also like consistency in the way the switches look (and how you use them), throughout the house. Not necessarily a deal breaker. I have 4 high-traffic 3-way locations. Dimming is indispensable in 3 of those locations, and fairly important in the 4th. It looks like my only option right now are Picos, so I'll do that until accessory, companion, or Diva Picos come around.

Same here, but had to go with the reliability!

Out of curiosity @jimhim , so I can learn as I am setting up a large relative’s house (the house is large, not the relative, :laughing:) , what are the instances in which you have to physically keep changing the dim level from each location each time you enter/exit the room/hallway from two different locations? Is this for an especially large room or hallway in which you are changing the dim level all the time? Just want to know so I can make sure to accommodate for this need in my new project.

FWIW, in my own particular house, it would drive me nuts if I had to constantly adjust the dim levels using the physical switches each time. Most of the stuff is automated so that it generally happens automatically in the background (which is why I got a Hubitat to begin with). However, I completely understand that everyone’s use case differs, which is why I am asking just so I don’t miss something for my relative. The reason this is important is that my relative also doesn’t like the look of the existing Picos and Casetas, likes the new Diva Caseta, and of course, does not want to wait for the new Diva companions or Diva style Picos, but seems ok with a mechanical 3-way due to appearance (I don’t want hassles later if he or his family start to demand physical dimmer control at each and every location). TIA for your feedback.

We are not constantly adjusting dim levels, but the family likes the option depending on their mood and what they are doing. Who are we to argue?

Like I said, I respect everyone’s use case, not arguing (especially with family). I guess since in our home, over the years, we have refined our home automation, and also my wife’s preference (as she usually has her hands full) is to make those types of dim level changes with voice control so she doesn’t have to get up to touch a physical dimmer. As I said, everyone’s use case and preferences differ. I guess with my new project I just have to ask if it is critical for my relative to be able to physically adjust the dim level from each and every location (in which case he will just have to wait, or put up with the appearance of the Picos or companion dimmers). Thanks for your perspective.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.