Lutron Caseta Device Statuses for Lights

Hi all, I am new to Hubitat and am using it to integrate a home fully outfitted with Lutron Caseta switches with some Z wave devices. I have made a sharp tools dashboard for control -- I was wondering if it was possible to make a Sharptools tile or a function within the Hubitat interface where I can have it show which lights are on and in which rooms. The Lutron Caseta app has this feature at the top of the app where you can easily see which lights are on and where they are in addition to a feature on that same page of the Lutron app where you can turn all the lights off. I would like to add both of these features to my Hubitat and then have them appear in Sharptools so I can easily see which lights are on and then if I am leaving decide to turn all the lights that are currently on off. I am unsure of how to do the first part where all of the lights that are on are populated into a field. I plan to make an all off group and then add that to sharp tools next to the status tile showing which lights are on to easily shut them off if I wanted to.

I would greatly appreciate any insight or help with this matter. Thanks!

If you press the physical button and the status changes on the device page, sharptools "should" be able to see it. You may also want to check the sharptools.io community boards as well. The disconnect seems to be on their end. (Note I could be wrong lol).

Which disconnect are you referring to? I read the post twice and feel like I'm missing something. :crazy_face:

From what I gather, they are trying to accomplish two things:

1. A summary 'list' of just the lights that were left on
  2. A 'Turn All Off' button that turns all the lights off with one tap.

@user1420 it might help to attached a screenshot of what you are trying to recreate from the Lutron app.

1. Lights Left On At a Glance

For the first item, there's a few different approaches. The most common approach is to add all the devices to a dashboard (or individual room dashboards) and style the tiles appropriately so you can see at a glance which lights are left on.

This is often combined with some sort of grouping / summary mechanism so you could have an overview dashboard where you could quickly see which rooms have lights on and either drill into them to view the details or tap your 'All Off' button.

I suspect you could also create a device that summarizes the list of devices in a textual format as well if you really wanted that approach.

2. All Off Button

Similarly, there's multiple ways to accomplish this. Personally, I have a rule setup that turns off a subset of the lights as there's certain lights that I don't want unexpectedly turning off on my wife or kids. For a SharpTools rule, you can add it directly to your dashboard... for a Hubitat rule, you can actuate the rule through a Virtual Switch.

There's also other approaches with groups or 'scene'-like mechanisms as alluded to in #1.

1 Like

I read it as the status of the switch wasn't being shown on the sharptools dashboard..,.,Though I missed the bit about all off...I'm now thinking I'm the one with the disconnect (and obviously bad reading comprehension)

1 Like

@user1420 in addition to what @josh said, you can create an all of scene that is actuated by a virtual switch.

Add the following into your Lutron integration table...

k,1,Smart Bridge Pro Scenes

Then create your all off scene...

Run your integration report. In it find the scene you created and note the number...

Create a virtual button (or a button controller)

Here is how my button controller is structured. Adapt to your needs. This will prevent popcorning and all lights will shut down at the same time.

1 Like

Thank you all, I will try this out and report back.

This is the image of the Lutron Caseta app showing which lights are on at a glance. Its like a separate dashboard only populated with the lights that are currently on and then it gives a button to turn all the lights off

Yeah I have the app. No way to really mimic that. As said above, a dashboard with all your lights and one that would act as an ALL OFF button.

2 Likes

Thank you all I will attempt this when I get some time this weekend and report back! Appreciate you all and this community! Couldn't do all of this without everyone's support, time, and assistance!

2 Likes