Lowes Iris Outlet - Cheap?!

The 3210-L is the older model but the correct one that works with HE.

I just noticed they are $9.50 at lowes (My local Lowes has 5 of them) I am going to pick them up.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Iris-120-Volt-White-Smart-Plug/999925330

Buy them all.

1 Like

You should take a look of this thread, maybe you order something else!

1 Like

you mean the L2 has issues?

fwiw, my L2's are working fine [shrug]

1 Like

I don't think anyone's questioning the L2... I read this as $9 vs $31.. and $9 is getting all the smiles. :slight_smile:

Exactly--I don't think it's the "L" vs "L2" that people are questioning but rather both of these versus the original, Iris-only models that use a custom ZigBee (not ZHA 1.2) profile and therefore don't work with Hubitat. I think a lot of stores were clearing out the "L" models of a lot of Iris devices because they slightly refreshed them into nearly/exactly identical-looking "L2" models with different packing (and presumably slightly different interiors)--but what's stopping me from getting any is the fact I assume they're the CentraLite 3-series ZigBee chips that don't appear to play well with Xiaomi devices. Maybe the L2 has a newer chip? :slight_smile:

L version working fine here with Zigbee and the zwave repeater side working fine with Homeseer

Got there and they didn't have 5 - only 4 but their system said they had 7 ... but the guy could only have 4 - so hopefully later this week I can check again and they will have 3 then I will make'm find them. It was swamped and the guy had to get up on this motorized ladder and get them off the top shelf. I didn't have the heart to ask him to look for more.

But 4 is good - don't know what I am going to do with 4 additional outlets ... but it should help with zigbee devices for sure.

1 Like

This was my experience.

The store inventory said they had some things they did not. I still managed to get a good amount of stuff. Except the damn motion sensors....

LOL I attempted to order some of these mystery inventory items online several times, in hope they would fill it with the new models. No such luck

Probably you will not see them, I do some repair work on the loss prevention office of Lowes and most of the time the employees have them hidden to buy them later. I went to a store with 18 on system, cero found!

I gotten on amazon, it says L1 on the external package and L2 on the sticker.
ZigBee sidewalks nicely, can't pair zwave.

Im converting from the iris system, the iris plugs are pairing as generic zigbee plugs, do I need to do anything to make sure they are functional as zigbee repeaters?

Nope...

Nothing special on the Zigbee side. They will act as Zigbee repeaters. If you’re using the 3210-L outlets, they can also act as z-wave repeaters. This does require a second pairing procedure to make this work. There are numerous threads describing this procedure.

Thanks guys, this is what I figured. Definitely a bigger learning curve with Hubitat from Iris, I'm still struggling with rule machine but Ill get there.

1 Like