Lost connection to zwave switch

I just installed a new z wave switch and while configuring it, I noticed that another zwave switch of mine is no longer responding in HE. I can control fine from the wall, but nothing within the device manager. I do I troubleshoot this? The logs dont show anything.

I doubt the new switch had anything to do with it, its on a different circuit. I did have to turn the main breaker off though to install. also, the trouble switch is in the middle of the mesh and very close to the hub,.

Did you try a zwave repair?

1 Like

If it has an air-gap switch, can you try pulling it out and pushing it back in again? I've had GE switches that fell off the mesh connect back again. If doesn't have a an air-gap, turn the breaker off and back on again.

If it comes back on, do a z-wave repair and wait overnight before adding any new z-wave devices.

I just did the air gap reset and then ran a zwave repair. Still having issues.

BTW, this is a Honeywell (Jasco) switch

I just put the switch in inclusion mode and ran a discovery from HE and it showed up. I removed the old device and I am working again. Strange.

1 Like

Do an overnight z-wave repair.

Will do, but curious, what will that accomplish?

Read point 4 (network heal = z-wave repair). The rest of the article is very useful as well.

DrZWave explains why z-wave repairs should be done after device additions/removals in point 4.

2 Likes

Got it. Thank you!

1 Like