Lost connection to all my zwave Devices

They hub has been running great. Now all my zwave nodes are not reachable. I tried to repair on them all unreachable. Firmware Version 2.2.5.131 Model C7

When ever i try to trigger a zwave device these are the logs
LR - Ashley Light2021-02-12 14:22:34.078 seqNo: 202, routeChanged: false, transmissionTime: 0ms, repeaters: None, speed: Unknown, rssi: [0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm], Ack channel: 0, Transmit channel: 0

LR - Ashley Light2021-02-12 14:22:33.574 seqNo: 201, routeChanged: false, transmissionTime: 0ms, repeaters: None, speed: Unknown, rssi: [0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm], Ack channel: 0, Transmit channel: 0

MBA - Fan2021-02-12 14:22:16.286 seqNo: 200, routeChanged: false, transmissionTime: 0ms, repeaters: None, speed: Unknown, rssi: [0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm], Ack channel: 0, Transmit channel: 0

MBA - Fan2021-02-12 14:22:16.087 seqNo: 199, routeChanged: false, transmissionTime: 0ms, repeaters: None, speed: Unknown, rssi: [0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm, 0 dBm], Ack channel: 0, Transmit

1 Like

Have you tried to reboot the Z-Wave radio?

Shut down hub cleanly to red light (Settings > Shutdown)

Power off hub at wall (not at micro USB, the solder joints to the PC board are fragile and can break), leave power off for 30 seconds

Apply power to hub, boot to green light.

Let us know if that helps.

3 Likes

Thank you that seemed to do it.
Not sure why. Any thought on what could have happened?
Thanks again for the idea. I just restarted never actually shutdown.
Thanks
Mike

1 Like

Nope. I just know that the steps I gave are the only way to reboot the Z-Wave radio, which is a separate module that stays powered and running as long as the hub has power. If it were me, I would have put something in the platform code to reboot (not reset) the Z-Wave radio when the Hubitat platform is rebooted, but I wasn’t asked.

Glad you were able to get going.

1 Like

This is really good information! Thanks!

1 Like

This has happened to me a few times as well. Not on .131 though but it has only been 8 days since .131 was released.
It’s usually around two weeks between when it happens and the only way to get Z-wave back up again, is to power down the hub.
My hub works great until it happens and when Z-wave is completely “dead”, everything else works fine and my hub is very fast and responsive.
I don’t have many Z-wave devices and most of them are within range of the up itself. No ghost devices and as I said, everything works fine until it just happens. No slowdowns or missed triggers etc. on the Z-wave network.

I've also run into a very similar situation, where all of my devices on one hub have lost connection to another hub (through hub mesh).
Although I have reserved an ip address for all my devices on my router, it does appear that recent updates have made it so that hubs really prefer for you to reserve an ip address on the hub itself, in the Networking section.
It certainly couldn't hurt, and seems to have addressed all my issues in this matter.

SO it is happening again Twice this week. Anyone have any other thoughts?

Came across these devices. Not sure why they say discover. I am going to reboot and see if they come up. Maybe ghost devices??

I was able to remove these nodes. 36 caused some problems luckily I found the device and removed it. We will see how things work out now

1 Like

And now it happen to me again. Exactly two weeks since my HE received the last update.
Everything has worked flawless up until now and everything else except Z-Wave is still working flawless.

This is how my Z-Wave details page looks like now. Anyone seeing something suspicious?

UPDATE
This time, just a reboot of the hub made the Z-Wave start working again.

It happend again just now. :frowning: It has also happend one time between now and the last time I report the issue here.
Just as befor, everything works fine up until Z-Wave just stops working. All other protocols works fins and the response is instant.
I hade to power down the HE to get Z-Vave working again. A reboot was not enough.

My Z-Wave page looked like this when I couldn't control my Z-Wave devices,

@bravenel Any ides why my HE completely stop communicating via Z-Wave?

1 Like

@bobbyD I don't see or get what in the 2.2.6 update that are suppose to fix my issue. Could you please point that out (I'm just curious :slight_smile: )?
Or hasn't the fix been implemented yet?

This has been happening to me for weeks. Support says it is one device, then I remove it, nothing changes. Then they blame a device that I have had for a couple years. Then it turns out there are some serious bugs in associationGet they have introduced which have caused drivers to fail. So the entire thing is so unreliable and embarrassing. How can this be taken seriously when they just seemingly make things up?

I started to replace Z-Wave with WiFi/Ethernet devices slowly since they can be more easily monitored and maintained given my setup.

I wanted to use Z-Wave to prevent devices from being externally accessible, but at this point a non-routable, firewalls, and proxied network will suffice.

Do you mind sharing the ticket number related to the associationGet issue you've reported? We are not aware of any known issues.

I am having this same exact issue. Has been happening for several days now and I cannot get it resolved. The hub cannot communicate with z-wave devices. Have powered off and waited 30 seconds before powering on again several times but that did not seem to help. Not sure what to do next?

Edit: After typing this out the 3rd reboot seem to help. Zwave is response again. Running a repair now. Fingers crossed.

At the same time a fix for my issues should be released I also got my C7. I have moved everything to the C7 except ZigBee lights bulbs. My C5 acts as a pure ZigBee light bulbs hub…
Since I moved over to the C7 I haven’t had any issues at all, not with anything.
I don’t know if it was the Z-Wave fix or my move to the C7 who fixed my recurring issues but one of the two things sure made a difference.

I hope it will work out for you guys as well.

Just wanted to say thanks; all of my z-wave devices are gone right after the 'z-wave repair' activity.

Shutting down the device works

1 Like