LoraTap 6 button controller drivers?

Hi @kkossev !

I tried removing and powering on the remote, nothing on the log.

Removed it from HE, re-paired using Tuya Zigbee Switch driver. Pressed the 6 buttons, nothing logs (the LED on the remote lights up).
Pressed config 2 times to see if it would show, and it shows.

Removed the battery and powered it... nothing

Seems iike the remote is not paired to HE at all ..
What I can suggest is to REMOVE the device from the web UI, then remove the battery, wait a longer time (4-6 minutes) to make sure the device is reset, then pair it again to HE. There should be something in the logs, no matter what driver is used.

When you pair it as a new device, there will be a 'link' shortcut on the web page (before you enter a device name and press Save). Can you copy the device details text from this link?

Hey @kkossev
Sorry for the delay, took me a while to get back home.

This the pairing log:

After that, pressed all the 6 buttons, and nothing shows.

Removed, repaired:

Thanks for the help so far!!!

Unfortunately, I can't find much information for this device on the Web...
We will have to wait some time until more info is available. At this time, I have no more ideas why the controller stops sending any data after the initial ZigBee pairing.

Thanks for the effort @kkossev !

@gusthepenguin can you try the development branch version of TS004F driver (the link is in the second post in this thread)?

Hey @kkossev !

Sorry, I can’t help you!
I have returned both of them….

1 Like

HI again,
I also bought this 6 button lora and can confirm that your latest driver work for this unit

1 Like

Hi @sagi.bracha

After a lot of tinkering, even with help from more experienced community members and code writers I was not able to make it work.
I ended up returning the switch to the seller for refund.

But hey, there may be new drivers ou there…

Yes, the support for LoraTap 6 button controller was added some time later - ver. 2.4.2 2022-05-06

Just got one of these but it doesn't want to recognise buttons 5 & 6. Have paired it twice and it's using the latest build of the driver - 2.5.1. Don't seem to get any option to choose number of buttons - pairing using #1 and #6 doesn't help either.
Any suggestions? It's twin is running well in smartlife.

Currently, the driver recognizes only this Loratap device:

model:"TS0601"
manufacturer:"_TZE200_2m38mh6k".

Look at the device web page Data section - is your manufacturer the same?

manufacturer: _TZ3000_iszegwpd
model: TS0046

So nope..

1 Like

Hi Rosie,
I have added this new model TS0046 to the driver version 2.5.2.
Please update and then clock on the 'Initialize' button. If buttons 5&6 still don't work, switch the debug logging on and send me the logs when these 2 buttons are pushed, double-pushed, or held.

Thanks, hit configure and it shows up as 6 buttons instantly. I haven't tested since chemo yesterday and not up to the joys of faffing with anything other than lying on the settee feeling exhausted.
I don't foresee any problems with function, so long as it sees a switch there they seem to work fine..

1 Like

Thanks for your driver; I just got one of these LoraTap 6 button devices (model TS0046; manufacturer: _TZ3000_iszegwpd). After configuring it with version 2.6.1, the device showed 'numberOfButtons: 6', however buttons 5 and 6 still didn't function.

Both buttons will work after adding these statements after line 210:

else if (descMap.sourceEndpoint == "05") {
   	        buttonNumber = reverseButton==true  ? 5 : 5
        }
        else if (descMap.sourceEndpoint == "06") {
   	        buttonNumber = reverseButton==true  ? 6 : 6
        }

I've tested it with WebCoRE and all functions (single, double and held) seem to be working fine with the added buttons.

2 Likes

Hi @Tony ,
Thank you for the info and for the solution! : )
I have added the code in the Tuya Scene Switch TS004F version 2.6.2

@RosieUK - this should be a solution for your device also where buttons 5&6 were not working.

3 Likes

Hi @kkossev . I got multiple of these 6 button Loratap that were working on my C7 hub with your Tuya driver but since I migrated to C8 hub I am unable to integrate new one. The ones that were migrated are still working but one of those I tried to reset is no more working. I tried a brand new one same issue. I suspect a bug into initialization process. Could you help?

I am afraid this is the well-known Hubitat C-8 issue with some new Zigbee 3.0 devices (at the moment - mostly Tuya devices are affected). Nothing can be done on a user-driver level.

Ok no problem I will change my strategy on using those long term. I may explore using my previous c7 on a separate mesh for the moment with them as they were working pretty well before. Thanks

1 Like