Looky what I found for HomePod Mini's

My HomePod Mini's are currently updating.

Software version 16.1 adds support for Matter, the new smart home connectivity standard that enables a wide variety of smart home accessories to work together across ecosystems. This update also includes performance and stability improvements.

And in case you are wondering, it was the part about performance and stability improvements that I got excited about.

2 Likes

I was pretty thrilled yesterday when I found out that saying, “hey Siri, answer my phone” to the HomePod mini, worked as I was getting out of the shower.

2 Likes

What? You mean some people still actually answer voice calls?

:wink:

3 Likes

I should have elaborated. It was my daughter calling from her bedroom; and yes I have Siri announce who’s calling. I’m not just willie nillie answering calls. That’s madness.

2 Likes

I was just teasing, of course.

It is funny though, if someone calls me from a number I don't recognize or is not in my contacts they better leave a message because I will never pick up the phone. LOL

3 Likes

I have Google Assistant straight filtering them out.

1 Like

How do you announce who’s calling?

Just on the iPhone under settings/phone/announce calls|always. Not over anything else in the house.

OS 16.2

I’m not brave enough

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.