Looking to replace LIFX bulbs, what do you guys recommend?

I'm running a biz grade Synology WiFi 6e (RT6600ax) mesh system. The only way I could get my LIFX bulbs to work 90% of the time, was to put them on an old 2.4Ghz only TP-Link 802.11n router.

I bought a couple of the 1000 lumen Kasa Wi-Fi bulbs to try out and didn't have great results...main issue was that they were too slow turning on for my tastes. I returned them pretty quickly so I didn't have them long enough to encounter any issues of them dropping off my network (Unifi APs).

1 Like

I just heard back from Govee and they said that as of right now no bulb supports Lan API. So unfortunately if that is a requirement they aren't a option for bulbs at the moment. If you have other light devices like light bars, strips, ect allot of them already are.

The wiz bulbs I have work well though and respond pretty quickly.

2 Likes

Did they give any indication if that would be coming?

Just an update, my homebridge integration is on my primary hub and my LiFX integration was on my secondary - so the bulbs were shared via hub mesh.

One of the issues i occasionally had, was when I turned off a bed lamp, it would sometimes turn back on a couple of seconds later.

I wondered if there was too much latency between hub 2 -> hub 1 -> homebridge -> homekit, and the colour temp was being adjusted just after the light was turned off.

So i installed the LiFX integration on my primary hub and moved some of my bulbs over. I haven’t had this particular issue since.

1 Like