Looking to migrate to hubitat

Hello, i use smartthings and looking to move to hubitat. I have about 50-60devices and I think there is a problem with load resources .
For example, i can control any device pretty fast, but when 10-15 devices at once do something the hub lags very bad and sometimes it takes 2-3 mins to answer to a command .
Let's say i walk through all house , at this point multiple motion sensors and lights are triggered so after few mins everything starts to lag and respond slow .
I want to know if its worth the trouble with the migration.
Can maybe someone with tons of devices do some test for me like try opening 15-20 lights at once, then once all are ON them turn them all off then try to use 2-3 devices at once .
I want to know how much time it took to open all lights , how much time it took to turn them off right after and if after that the hub is still responsive controlling 2-3 devices at once.
Thank you !

Hello, Not me but there are many here who control multiple lights using groups/scenes. I'm sure one of them will chime in.
For the best advice, list your devices and the community will jump in and advise.

my devices mostly consist of aeotec 6 in 1 motion sensor that is set to report every 6 hour , aeotec dual switches, aeotec nano switches , fibaro double switches , 1 gocontrol siren, two aeotec door sensors etc

I suspect your issue is related to your mesh. What repeaters do you have? Maybe you have something broadcasting too much data too frequently (like power monitoring). I had awful delay problems until I put my lamps on a separate mesh and added several repeaters. Even then I still found my motion lighting was too slow on the hub and moved the processing for motion lighting to Node-RED on a Pi using HE only as a device controller.

I too had about 70 devices on ST and would experience random 2 week 30-45 second delays on a subset of my z-wave devices- not all.
I gave up trying to figure out if it was ST or my Gen 1 z-wave switches or RF around me (as it came and went like a switch).
Did my homework on compatibility of my app and jumped ship with the understanding that I was going to upgrade all my z-wave to z-wave+
There is the odd delay or switch that doesn't do it's thing so far but no blanket outages. I am stll moving over devices though due to the expense of GE Enbrighten switches/dimmers here in Canada.

I just tried your test using about a dozen devices. Lights on was sub-2 second, same with lights off. No noticeable delay in controlling individual or group lights after that. I have 228 devices altogether, though that includes a couple of virtual devices and cloud-based integrations like Ecobee and Alexa. Hubitat controls all zwave and zigbee devices other than lightbulbs. My lightbulbs are on a fully integrated Hue hub and my wall switches are on an integrated Lutron hub. The test I did included lights on all three, controlled from a scene on Hubitat. Add whatever processing delay there is on the Hubitat, plus latency on the zwave and zigbee networks, plus latency on the integration between Hubitat and Lutron, and Hubitat and zigbee. All added up still sub-2 seconds. In fact probably less than that since I have my lights set to a 1-second transition time.

I have fairly robust zwave and zigbee networks, with repeaters strategically placed throughout the house. The house itself is about 3,600 sq ft, lath and plaster construction. So basically a faraday cage.

all of my lights DO have energy reports but i'm using for most DTH that don't report it, not sure tho if the device itself still reports it unless it has some parameter to disable it directly .Ill try to disable it from the device directly and see if it improves .
I don't see what problem could come from my mesh, controlling 2-3 devices work almost instantly but after i control more than 10+ devices EVEN after all devices finished their task and smartthings reports no new logs i still get bad lag up to 5 minutes after their task was finished , it really looks like after a heavy work smartthings freezes for minutes.
I dont have a big house , is 130 square meters with 2 floors with devices in every corner but i do have a big amount of iron and thick walls that I had to use 1 router per floor to get great signal everywhere .

wow that's awesome ,I get under 2 seconds only if i control 2-3 devices at once and let it chill for a bit afterwards . I was happy when it took about 30 seconds to light up 15-20 lights at once and was acceptable but being unresponsive for minutes sometimes its really frustrating and annoying especially when you have a false alarm and you keep hitting the OFF button for your siren while nothing happens.

Are you using groups? There is no way it should be taking 30 seconds to switch that number of lights on/off. And certainly the hub shouldn't be unresponsive for minutes at a time. Suggest make sure you have your lights grouped where possible and set the groups to optimise to reduce mesh traffic.

i'm not using groups, i simple tell alexa to turn off and on all lights, ill try to group them to see if that helps. I'm not sure what you mean by set the groups to optimise , i am still on smartthings right now.

Also does anyone know if using a DTH without power and energy meter if the device itself still sends this info into the network? Trying to reduce traffic but can't seem to find anything in aeotec manual switches to disable this from hardware directly

Logically the message from the device should always be sent unless you’ve turned it off at the device. The driver code resides on the hub and serves as a translator for commands and messages to/from the device to/from the hub.

Believe most of the Aeotec switches are zwave, so you may be able to find the parameter to set at Catalog of Certified Z-Wave Products for U.S. / Canada / Mexico (site also has other regions that can be navigated to from this link) and use the Basic Zwave driver to set it directly.

i have tried using smartligthing and using a switch to turn on/off all lights, doesn't seem to improve too much, maybe 25 instead of 30 secs and same, after all my lights are on if i try to manually turn off one of them it takes minutes until it starts becoming responsive again.
Unfortunately i found for fibaro some parameters to disable power meter and i do have plenty of fibaros switches but only 1 of them is used for lighthing ,everything else is aeotec and their manual doesnn't mention such parameter. I do know aeotec offers devices with and without power metering but i always went for the one with power metering, never knew this could backfire at me latently .

There are a number of community-supported drivers for Aeotec devices. In some cases the community driver offers more functionality than the default driver. It may be that one of these will allow you to disable power metering, though if their manual doesn't even mention it as a parameter, perhaps not. It might be worth some research though.

i have found a way to disable from hardware energy reports and power meter. Responsiveness improved about 25% but once again after more devices are used at once smartthings freezes for minutes, i am checking the live logs there is NO new entries basically sitting idle after all lights are up and being unable to receive new commands.
Yesterday in a real scenario were barely 2-3 sensors were sending comands in a short period of time(not same time), i wanted to turn off my heating system, NOTHING, smartthings completly frozen nothing was working. If i manually pressed a physical switch i as able to see it almost instantly in the app changing but controlling anything?NOPE
So i just finished my order for hubitat next week ill be very busy and hopefully my problem will go away.
It is clear to me that smartthings has server issues big time , even when almost no load is happening it just randomly freezes and getting unresponsive .
Ill begin slowly and if all good in 1-2 months ill be migrating everything and come back with a feedback, i have sensors in hard to reach area and will be a stressful and time consuming process to migrate over 60 sensors and remake their automation.

i wanted to ask something if is possible as this was always painfull to go around in smartthings
i want to know if i can handle notifications with different priorities .
For example , i want my my phone to notify me if my alarm is triggered even when my phone is in not disturb mode (usually at night) and with a custom sound .
but i also want my phone to notify me that a device is low battery silently without waking me in the middle of the night like an alarm notification would do.
Usually this can be handled if the android app has notification categories , you can set for each a different approach .
Would this be accomplishable with hubitat ?