Looking for water temperature sensor

I am hoping to find a water temperature sensor for my pool. Is there something like this available? I had made one using a raspberry pi a few years ago but it stopped working and I don't want to mess with it again.

I would recommend using the ecowitt gateway along with an ecowitt pool sensor. There are two fully-local Hubitat integrations for ecowitt sensors from @sburke781 and @snell

3 Likes

Thanks so much for that! It looks like it is exactly what I am looking for.

1 Like

Just bear in mind that you will need an ecowitt WiFi console, or either of their WiFi gateways (GW1100 or GW2000) to use it with Hubitat. I linked to the GW1100, which is their cheapest WiFi gateway.

I'm using 2 of these (hot tub & river). River unit is 250 feet from the gateway, so range is impressive.

WN34L – Ecowitt

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. Does the WN34L work with hubitat? I need to be able to access the data programmatically.

This sensor works with the EcoWitt gateway devices, so yes, you will be able to access the data in HE for use in automations, and, if you want, via Maker API for external systems to HE.

1 Like

Yes. Any sensor that pairs with the ecowitt gateway will be exposed to Hubitat to use programmatically, as long as you use one of the two integrations indicated above.