Looking for specific Zigbee or Z-Wave wall switch

I'm looking for a wall switch (relay) that has the following characteristics:

• preferably Zigbee, but could be Z-Wave
  • Decora style
  • Light almond color (as-is or by using a color change kit)
  • Reliably reports double-clicks

I'm currently using Leviton Zigbee relay switches in other locations, but they don't report double-clicks.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Zooz ZEN71 or ZEN76 with color plate kit. They have slightly different specs, especially if you plan to use in a 3-way. They support up to 5x taps if you use my advanced driver. Built in driver supports 2x taps.

ZEN71 Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Plus On / Off Light Switch ZEN71 - The Smartest House
ZEN76 Zooz 700 Series Z-Wave Plus S2 On / Off Wall Switch ZEN76 - The Smartest House
Color Kit Replacement Color Paddles for Zooz 700 Switches (ZEN71, ZEN76) - The Smartest House

Inovelli Blue might be your best bet for Zigbee, not sure if they have Double Click and color options though.

2 Likes

Thanks! Just ordered the Zooz ZEN76 and color kit to see if it works for my application.

If you want to unlock all the settings and features:
-- [DRIVER] Zooz ZEN Switches Advanced (and Dimmers)

1 Like

Here is a second for for zooz I have converted 5 switches so far they are awesome!

UPDATE: I installed the Zooz Zen76 switch (only 2nd Z-Wave device in my 95+ units of Zigbee devices) and it works fine -- took a while to pair (like 10 tries) but is now seemingly solid. I programmed the upper paddle double-click (button #3 in Zooz's parlance) to turn ON remote cabinet lights, and the lower paddle double-click (button #4) to turn OFF those lights. The regular single clicks control a local cabinet light, and double-clicking and single-clicking don't interfere with each other, so all controls are independent.

1 Like

Check your Zwave details page for ghosted nodes, since it took multiple tries to pair. There is a guide for how to remove them on here if you search for it.

This is what I see -- I don't actually know what the Stats mean, but it does not appear that I have ghosted nodes.

Looking good for just two devices.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.