Looking for someone with a 3D printer to print a small battery holder (SOLVED)

Anyone of you guys want to print me out a couple of the cases? I'm paying for them of course. I don't own a 3D printer.
Looking online for a service is ridiculous what they try to charge for printing such a simple thing.
This is what i need printed.

There is a 3D printer at the HobbyTown store in my city. Maybe you can check local hobby shops for places with 3D printers and see if it isn't too expensive. I've only sent out for 3D prints a few times, and I found a cheap price for what I needed. Can't remember the web site I used to find places to send my designs, but last time I looked it was too expensive for what I wanted.

2 Likes

Have you tried looking at treatstock.com? You can upload your print file and they will give you a list of different options ranging from companies to individuals who can print it for you. I’ve used it a couple times and found a local person who did it for a reasonable price.

Some local libraries have 3D printers, check your library.
Let me know what you find

1 Like

Yea i checked them out. Prices range from $15 to $50 for a little box. With $50 more i can get my own printer lol
One guy just 10 miles from me and he would not let me save on the shipping by going to get it. Shipping another $12. We are talking about a box the size of a 18650 battery thats just a bit bigger than a AA battery.

There used to be a sort of club or something of that nature close to were i used to live. They did a nice project for me years ago for a RPi arcade machine out of wood and cut with a CNC machine.
Thank's for reminding me that, lets see if google maps can help me.

I'm with @Rxich - our local library has a couple 3D printers.

This is the place i was talking about but they pretty much are locked down for anybody new....

I maybe able to help. What color are you looking for?

1 Like

You can print them pink if you like. Color is no issue. You can print them rainbow and I'll still buy them LOL

Thank You @oliver he came through for me and printed me a couple of those little boxes i needed. Thank you sir.

I just made a few battery boxes for dual Lifpo4 batteries. Was able to get everything for them on Amazon.

3 Likes

My pleasure! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you mind giving links on what you bought? and a how to?
I'm sure others will like to do something like this. If i had seen it before i might have gone this route but i didn't find any other solution.

Sure, I'll do a writeup and post a new thread with a link to it so I can update as needed.

1 Like

That will be awesome. This solution will be simple instead of the 3D printed one. All you need is right of amazon so no hunting around for help.

How much time do you get out of this setup? i tried mine and at the 8hr mark i plugged it back in. i just don't know how i can monitor it until it dies to find out an average back up time.

Depends on what you're powering. I use it for a SmartThings motion sensor mounted near the entryway and it should last a couple of years without recharging. Same for a vibration sensor mounted to the dryer. I use a DC ups for the Hubitat hub and it runs for at least a week without power.

This is the DC UPS I use for the hub.

That's freaking awesome didn't know they made a UPS that small. Ill be looking into one of these but for a complete different use.

I use one for the fiber ont coming into the house, one for a Raspberry Pi running Pi-Hole and DNS. One runs the cabinet switches, and one runs a convergence switch and 5G modem I use as a backup internet service if the fiber ever goes out (it hasn't though).

1 Like