Looking for someone to set up my wallmotes

I've purchased a Hubitat ages ago, and tried to work out all the quirks of setting up different types of devices. I quickly understood I bit off more than I could chew. And with time passing, my time to research this topic has only decreased and my Hubitat, as well as some compatible items, are just sitting in a box. But I don't want to give up on Hubitat, because it is still the best option out there.

I want to fix this once and for all. I am looking for someone who has Hubitat programming experience and would like to tackle my project for a fee.

I have Google Assistant spread out around the house, and that's my main connector. Hubitat is already connected to it (although nothing is connected to the Hubitat). I also have three Wifi bulbs in my bedroom (2 bedside, 1 overhead) and 2 in the living room (same lamp) that work with the Smartlife app, which has also been integrated with Google.

I have 2 Aeotec Wallmote Quads that at present have no functionality. I would like them to be able to control all the lights. 1 touch to toggle on/off and, as a bonus, slide for dimmer.

Additionally, depending on my difficulty to grasp it, I'd also like instructions on how I can integrate other lights or change the settings in the future, once everything has been set up.

Hope to receive some offers from the talented members of this forum. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time!

I hope you find someone here that can help, however it sounds like 3 bulbs are creating a massive amount of work for you. Why not replace the wifi bulbs with Sengled or other zigbee bulbs and control them directly, rather than jumping through all these hoops and hoping someone keep make them talk?

1 Like

Namely, because the bedside bulbs are extremely rare, having to fit a B22 socket type lamp. You're right though, maybe I should just consider changing the lamps, lol.

Although I'm not a big fan of Zigbee as much as I am of Z-wave, namely because of the mesh capabilities. My brick house has quite thick walls, so signal does not pass through easily. Am I still right on this, or has their technology improved since?

Think of it this way ... "I get to automate something new". I eliminated the bedside lamps and went with LED's under the bed and behind the headboard. Using blue or red at night keeps the SAF at optimal levels as the room remains quiet and dark. Just a thought.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.