Looking for remote control holder so dog doesn't chew them up

I'm trying to figure out a way to make sure my tv remote is in a safe place when I leave the house. Our dog has chewed up 2 Logitech universal remotes and 2 Roku remotes so far. Thankfully she hasn't eaten any of the batteries so there is that.

I'm wondering if I can either rig up a contact sensor or pressure sensor to make sure the remote is in a designated holder when I leave the house. For a contact sensor, I don't want to add anything like magnets directly to the remote because that would be one more thing the dog could ingest. The contact sensor could be part of some kind of holder that closes only when the remote is in the holder. I haven't found any mini pressure pads so I'm not sure if that's an option.

Alternatively, maybe I could stick an RFID tag to the remote and detect whether it's on a reader to make sure it's in a safe place.

I tried looking around for hardware to fit my needs, but can't seem to find any parts to satisfy my needs. Any ideas?

If you want something based on pressure, I can refer you to my smart qi charger project. version one is messy, but includes a button that you could connect to a contact sensor. It's not everything you need, but I think this may give you some ideas outside of that box. The story is there and the first project is linked to this second project. I hope it will help to spark your creative juices. I use the chargers to change mode.