Looking for Driver: MOES Tubular Motor Roller Blind AM25 (zigbee version)

I just got a few of these and I'm confused w/c driver to use.
I added the devices easy to hubitat but no driver.

Model: Am25-1/30-ES-EZ (DC5v rechargeable)

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 48
  • driver: v1.0.1.1123
  • manufacturer: _TZE200_nv6nxo0c
  • model: TS0601

Have you tried this driver?

Your device is a newer model and its fingerprint is currently not included in this driver. But it should react on open/close/stop/setPos commands, etc... - may be reversed, or commands may be swapped, etc.. Let me know how it behaves at the moment.

Hi Kkossev

thanks, it seems to partially work

I'm on driver version
3.3.2 (2023-08-10) [kkossev] - replaced some warnings with debug level logs; removed 'enable trace logging' and 'log Unexpected Messages' options;

It's my first time dealing with roller blinds so I must be missing something but, when i press open (or oN) it keeps turning and wont stop

I do get this error

also, only open/close/stop buttons work

I created a short video to demo the whole experience

I hope there's a solution to this.

1 Like

Great report again, TJ!

Can you also test the Calibration commands for TS130F?

1 Like

Tried, it but I dont know what im looking at so here's a video

:smiley:

Sorry, I got confused with another thread for another motor controller... Your model is TS0601, * manufacturer: _TZE200_nv6nxo0c , so the device reported correctly that the calibration methods for TS0130F are not supported. : )

There should be some short instructions that came with the motor, is there anything regarding the calibration procedure there?

Do you have the RF433 remote ?

the motors do have remotes but i didnt buy them thinking i wouldnt need them because ill be using hubitat.

So are you saying I need to do the calibration on the motor itself? and set the open and close positions?

There are instructions on how to calibrate it manually but yes the process needs the remote. so if remote is needed I'll have to order it i guess.

This is my first time to deal w/ any window motors so im a bit lost actually

There should be other HE users that have the same model - hopefully someone will chime in and give an advise.

As a general principle, before the motors limits are set - there is no way that the controller knows when to stop and what position to report…

ok so if i understand correctly, this driver is adequate for this motor, and no update/fixes are necessary? And that I just need to establish its limits on the motor side?

Yes, there should be no need for a change in the driver. But this model obligatory requires the remote to set up the motor limits initially, these can not be set by the software. Other models allow software setting, but this one does not. This is mentioned on the seller’s web page. You will need just one remote for all your motors, if you have more than one.

alright that's good to know. I'll check back here if any progress. thank you!

1 Like

I have some of these. You need to set the limits with the remote. There is an extra program button on the back of the remote to set the limits with. This is separate to the program button on the blind motor itself which you can use to pair to a remote or change the motor direction or pair to a zigbee hub..

1 Like

My remote finally arrived (i know, took a while)

So far I got it to work but im confused about a few things

1. When I press OPEN the blinds physically closes.... like it's on reverse.. and when the blinds are at full close position, the logs will show Blinds is OPEN..

So i tried to set preferences > direction > reverse

So now, when I press OPEN or CLOSE, the blinds OPEn or CLose respectively... BUT THE LOGS are still showing the wrong status as explained above... :frowning:

1. My blinds are set in a way that I just have to press Up or Down once and the blind travels to the next UP or DOWN position automatically. But now, since I enrolled the blinds into Hubitat, single press is single step, and i have to long press the remote for the blinds to travel automatically...

I tried changing the preferences > Mode > Lift or Tilt, but it doesnt change the actual behaviour. But, oddly enough, pressing a direction (eg. OPEN) on hubitat makes the blinds automatically travel to position...

1. Do I need to calibrate first?

PS
is there a guide or explanation on what each of the configs and preferences in the driver does? I dont understand many of the settings.

You should set up the upper and the lower limits using the remote.
The 'Calibrate' command options in the driver will not work with your device - these are for other Zemismart/Tuya models. Unfortunately, the drivers UI in HE is very limited in capabilities and this command can not be hidden for device models that do not support it.

I have the same blind motors and I had to set the reverse direction with the remote and in the app and also turn on (Show Advanced options *) and turn on (lnvert position reporting *) for the blinds to go in the right direction and also in the logs to go in the correct direction. After this the blinds showed up correctly in the HD+ app.

I have blinds going both left and right, All blinds needed the 2 advances options on but not all needed to be reversed.

I somehow set a halfway stop position on one blind and the only way I could remove it was completely reset the blind using the remote (this did not reset the Zigbee}. After the reset I set up the blind limits with the remote. Then like you, it would not go out of Jog mode back to Continuous mode ie it would only run continuously with a long press on the remote. I tried resetting the blind to no avail. The only way I resolved this after setup was by using the HD+ app to move the blind up and down. After that the blind was back into continuous mode.

1 Like

@net.sheriff, can you post a screenshot of your motor Device Details - Data section and a screenshot of the driver Preferences (with the Advanced Options visible)?

What can be improved in the driver is when clicking on the Initialize() button to automatically set the correct working options from the Preference section, for this particular device.

Here you go. This is where they are currently set. I still have another motor to install. Havent got around to it yet as I need to modify it from 38mm to 41mm tube.

Preferences

Device Details

Status when open or closed
status-open-closed

So it says level 100 when open and 0 when closed. This is correct in the dashboard image of the blind being open or closed or partially open. Also the logs saying it is opening or closing. These motors are on Zebra blinds so say I opened the blind the width of the zebra stripe to let light in but not lift the blind up it will say 3% open in the HD+ app.

Current States

• level : 3
  • numberOfButtons : 5
  • position : 3
  • presence : present
  • switch : on
  • windowShade : partially open

i actually did. Remember I couldn't set the limits w/o the remote. SO i ordered the remote and setup everything through remote, and only after then did I add the unit to hub. I've not pressed calibrate yet.