Looking for Bulk LED Light Strips Recommendations

Depending what channels you use, sending the "power" wires done a channel, Or if no channel you could simply hot melt tack them behind the channel.
Or perhaps something like these flat wires.

I recommend you get a few parts together and see how it looks and how bright it is before going for the whole set of parts.

1 Like

Wow thanks! I’m trying to cheat off of your picture for the controller lol. Which Zigbee 5-in-1 and driver did you end up using? Does the driver allow you to put a current limiter (basically to make it less bright evenly)?

I’ll definitely have to play around because I really only need cct. I can’t think of a reason I need colored ones for my wardrobe. Good idea on hiding at the top of the wardrobe.

I'm using this controller:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPBPGJ5G?ref_=cm_sw_r_apann_dp_5YFXT50NH8QBZV6M3MFA

But I couldn't say how well it does/does not work with Hubitat. It does have brightness control.

After reading back through your posts, what is your main goal? Is it to just have supplemental lighting in the cabinets? Are you planning to run the strips down the sides and across the tops of the cabinet?

If so, you may find that's a lot more light than you need. Here's a closet in my last house where I just ran 12V LED strips around the door casing on the inside. It was more light than the camera picked up. These were 12V strips running off a battery pack.

Compared to the project I mentioned where I only ran a section of strip across the top inside a diffuser for supplemental lighting.

Kinda shot myself in the foot and should have added a recess to the top, middle for the diffuser when I built the cabinets, but c'est la vie.

Yeah it would be just supplemental lighting for IKEA Pax Wardrobes. Even the 12V is super bright and I probably do not need the brightness of the 24V. What would you recommend instead? These are the wardrobes. The ones with the hanging rods are approx 40” x 23” x 93” and the ones with just the shelves are approx 30” x 14” x 93” (W x D x H).

Thinking maybe just a strip at the top for the hanging area. Not sure for the shelves what would be the best.

What I did was setup a single LED strip on an extension cord. Then, I just started taping it up (using painters tape) in spots where I thought the strip itself would look alright to get an idea of what the light looked like. I just did this with some random strips I had laying around (so you don't necessarily have to have the final strips to do this). Out of the options, I went through, I was stuck between one strip in each corner going vertical or a single strip across the top. So, I let the wife decide what she liked. One limitation for me, I didn't want to see the strips so I was limited by where I could put the diffuser without it looking terrible.

1 Like

Thanks! I will do that. I was hoping to figure out the configuration before I put the wardrobes together lol. But, I like the idea of putting a channel for the LEDs! I just don’t want to put them together, test the lights, take them apart, then add the lights, and then put them back together lol.