Looking for a 4 to 8 button controller to switch and dim lights

I am a bit new,.. so sorry if i miss something.
I look for a button controller (zigbee or Z-wave) with at least 4 buttons (that support press and hold).
I bought a generic 8 button controller : Zigbee schakelaar met 4 knoppen | We ❤️ Smart! | ROBBshop
But i can't get it to work with the drivers i tried. I only could get the top 2 buttons to work with press and hold.
Is it possible to change that driver so it would support more buttons ? or is it not possible.
And is there a switch with 4 to 8 buttons (wireless so no cables) that fit in a 55 mm frame that is well supported by Hubitat.
There are so many devices supported, it's hard to find something.
Thanks in advance.

I have a bunch of these I use on surfaces and hung on the walls. I'm new to HE but this paired in a few seconds and work.

ZRC-90US, BW8510US, by Remotec

2 Likes

I have the Aqara Opple button controllers. They're zigbee 3.0 and have been reliable. They make 2, 4 and 6 button controllers, and you can also program a double press or a hold, so they can have 6, 12 or 18 actions, respectively.

1 Like

I second this, have two here and never fail me.

1 Like

thx, i orderd some. (Aquara Opple)
Only thing,.. I do not think they fit in the existing 55mm frame (GIRA/Jung)

This little one works for me but it's only 4 buttons.

I too tried an Opple 6 button remote, and it's been great . Really neat design and if you have a good Zigbee mesh, it works fine. It won't break the bank either, around 14 USD, but somethings going on with shipping , the shipping prices are through the roof. I read it's due to lack of flights from the evil virus.
Be forewarned, getting the device to start up, due to a poorly designed battery compartment is quite rough, but once you start it. it's great.

I also have the sylvania 4 button controller, also very good.

+1 I have 2 of these that work well. I sprayed them black, and they look much better (silver on black) Easily dis/reassembled. They do sit "off-surface" (not flush) I bit than than we like, so wife changed (made me change) kitchen one for a couple picos. All depends on the user I guess :wink:

1 Like

Please do keep this thread handy, you likely will need it, I know we did

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.