Looking ahead: Danby Portable AC control?

Last year I bought a portable AC for my place, Danby 12,000 SACC 3-in-1 Inverter Portable Air Conditioner in Black (Model #DPA120B9IBDB-6)

I believe it is a rebranded Midea or something like that. It has an app with control, as well as an IR remote.

Anyone happen to know if these Danby/Midea can be controlled locally? I imagine a smart plug is NOT the solution here, as I wouldn't want to disrupt the condenser/evaporator running or anything like that, but would certainly like to have more automated control around the temperature control around my schedule and not just a set rigid schedule within the app or something.

It definitely looks like this Midea unit:
https://www.amazon.com/MAP14HS1TBL-Inverter-Portable-Conditioner-Dehumidifier/dp/B091CKVY9F?th=1

I wrote an integration for Midea ACs: Midea Mini Split Wifi Support - #11 by tomw

If it has the same guts under the hood, maybe it will work. I'd recommend trying the midea-discover step that I mention in my readme on GitHub. If that discovers your unit, then maybe my integration is worth a try.

1 Like

Good to know! I'm relatively certain it even can be set up in the midea app, so really a rebadged version... so I'm thinking that should be likely?

If I'm understanding correctly, this includes local control - not through cloud? If so, amazing!

Yep, all local. :sunglasses:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.