Long shot {AT4PW} driver

I picked up a couple of these guys: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004407477380.html that watch the output of of my SoyoSource GTN-1200 grid tie inverters (being fed by a wind turbine and 3kw of solar, though that doesn't matter!). I have them common neutralled, each one watching each side of the line.

I can view the various stats of the (2) AT4PW's through an iOS app (Smart Life), though you can only actually look at one at a time which is annoying (#firstworldproblem).

It would be REALLY cool though, if I could have some of the stats in a box on the Hubitat home screen. Being in that it's just a Tuya 'thing' is this conceivable? I see simpler smart plugs that can be monitored. This is just way out of my league though.

Thanks!

You can try the tuya hub integration (tuya hub required) but tuya wifi in general isn't compatible because it's cloud based.

Well, there ya go - long shot. And a miss. :wink:

I didn't think there was much hope, but thought I'd throw it out there anyhow. I might just pick up a cheap 'droid tablet and see if I can run two instances (one for each 1/2 of the phase) of the app.

I think you mean that this probably wouldn't work with the existing integration that relies on the Tuya hub, not because it's a cloud-based device in general.

This seems to indicate that the device in question works at least to some degree with Home Assistant: AT4PW Smart Rail Meter · Issue #84268 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

That means there is hope for integration with Hubitat, either by running it through Home Assistant and bringing the sensor readings in through HADB, or for someone else to make a direct Hubitat integration.

That's quite true - I did stumble across that HA thread, but just dismissed it. My programming skills are pretty crude, so it's out of my league! Maybe someone more talented will pick one of these up now, and write a driver for it. They are really cool!

No I meant tuya wifi itself isn't compatible with hubitat (I am unaware of any local API for tuya devices unless you tasmatize some of them) and they require the tuya hub which has limited integration on he through the community.

There is this whole thread about Tuya wifi support. I haven't used any such devices, but a quick skim of that tells me that people have tried random Tuya WiFi devices and generally had some luck with support: [BETA] Tuya Cloud Driver (Limited device support)

There's no requirement for a local-only API in order to be compatible with Hubitat, as I'm sure you know. It's a preference for many people (including me), but it is incorrect to say that not having a local-only API makes a device incompatible with being integrated with Hubitat.

@john.craker, depending on how interested you are in tinkering with this to get it to work, I'd try the thread I linked above and then Home Assistant with the HADB integration if that doesn't work.

Thanks - I'll give that a shot.

Since this falls under really-low-importance (just saves me having to whip out my phone) I'm not too concerned about local only. It stays 'on' 99.5% of the time as well, just being turned off if I have to reset a grumpy grid-tie inverter. I just like to be able to monitor the output of them easily to see IF they need a reset.

1 Like

@tomw - Got the driver above working, hubitat recognizes the two devices as existing.

Now just have to find a way for some values to be displayed. All in due time.

1 Like