Log files full of debug messages

Why am I getting these messages in my hub log files and what do I do to fix them?

There is nothing wrong that device is just set to give you the debug logs (used when you are having trouble with a device). Some devices just turn them on by default.

To turn them off ('fix it') click on the "dev:330" to see what device it is. Then go to the device page and turn off this switch

That will stop the logging.

The device is is an Aeotec multisensor 6, about half of them give off those logs and the other half just log normal looking values, any idea why they are doing different things?

look at the devices page for EACH DEVICE. Under "Device Information", the type should be the same? See below for example. Yours should all be "Aeon MultiSensor 6".

Then look at each device's preferences section and make sure each device has Enable Debug Logging is shown below. Make sure you then "Save Preferences".

PS. Apologies if I appear to be talking down to you. I do not know your level of experience!

NP, I did look at those things, even excluded and included the oddballs. Was hoping I'd missed something. Tried to see if all the firmware was the same but I thought I remembered that I upgraded them about a year ago.

Hubitat stock drivers (and, IMHO, well written community ones too) will enable debug logging for 30 minutes after a device is added before turning it off automatically. If you re-paired the device but didn't turn this setting, "Enable debug logging," off again, that may have actually made it come back. :slight_smile: Otherwise, it should turn itself off shortly, and you will no longer see new "debug" log entries for that device. That being said,n as mentioned above, these aren't really a problem; it's just more detail about what the driver is seeing from the device.

"Aeon MultiSensor 6" is the built in driver and like all Hubitat drivers, they disable debugging 30 mins after you turn it on.

Mine do too... :slight_smile:

I have a driver that I curate named "Aeotec Multisensor 6" distinguished by using the Other Name of the same company. :smiley:

Every time you click Save Preferences, a check is made to see if the Debug option is On.. if yes, set a timer to turn it off in 30 mins:

if (debugOutput) runIn(1800,logsOff)

It's a direct 'lift' from Hubitat's driver source :smiley:

2 Likes