Locks

Has anyone been able to get the Nest x Yale lock to work with Hubitat entirely locally (i.e. no Alexa, Google Assistant, Nest hub, etc.)?

Not sure how that lock communicates. Probably Nest Thread (maybe someone can comment). It needs their bridge to connect to the outside world. I'm guessing your best bet with that lock is going to be what I did last night out of frustration with HomeKit for my August lock.

Don't fear the google cloud for reliability if you're shell shocked from owning that other hub.
I'm using this method for quite a lot with Google Assistant Relay and it's very reliable.

1 Like

I looked through the manual, and it looks like the lock only disables for 60 seconds if the wrong code is put in 5 times in a row.

It's more about if the power/internet goes out. With Hubitat, it can be on an uninterruptible power supply (UPS). Nest/Google assistant require internet.

I'm also hopelessly concerned about privacy on principle. =/

If you’re prone to a lot of outages I can see how that might be a concerned that you wouldn’t have your automation during those internet outages. But since that lock has a keypad, you obviously wouldn’t be locked out of your house.

Personally I’m not concerned how many times Google knows I locked and unlocked my door. That is such a tiny piece of the massive amount of information they have on me. They can go ahead and aggregate that extra bit in.

If you don’t have a lock already or you have an option to return the one you have, I highly recommend the YRD256 Z-Wave for anyone with a high level of privacy concerns as far as the cloud goes. This lock fully integrates with Hubitat, no cloud, and no one will ever know that you unlocked or locked your door if you don’t want them to.

How does YRD256 Z-Wave integrate better with Hubitat and avoid the cloud better than YRD216? They both support Z-Wave and can be controlled with Hubitat, right?

The two things personally like about the YRD216 over the YRD256 are:

1. I feel like push buttons would hold up to extreme weather and abuse better than a touchscreen.
  2. The YRD216 has a physical keyhole, which call me old fashion, feels more fail-proof than the failsafes of the keypad-only solutions.

I've had the 210 yale, a push button with keyhole for a while, going on 3rd Chicago winter. Only once did the batteries die. I have one of these mounted between the screen and door as a failsafe with the key in it.

Key Lock Box

I have been trying to set a code in my kwikset 910. When I first added the lock it downloaded the lock codes but now I can't add or even delete lock codes and it refuses to get codes. Yes I did watch the logs and it shows the code was added.... dev:12502018-11-10 21:53:52.457:debugsetCode- 3 but it wasn't. Had to added at the keypad instead but does not show up whet get codes button is clicked on.

Refresh and configure do nothing and its not being logged either.

Weren’t you talking about the Nest x Yale lock? I was.

If the lock isn't responding to commands there's a communication problem somewhere.
Are you able to lock unlock the lock from the driver?

When my lock appears to not respond to code change or add. I have made a mistake, either the code doesn't match the set code length or they are in the wrong order. The display on the right hand side of the device page is Name and then Code, however, the entry in the set code boxes need to be Code then Name.

All the commands work except adding and deleting codes. I can lock and unlock and battery stats are being sent.

Does that mean I need to remove the lock and try a new paring ?

Can you hit configure in the driver ui?
Your code names will need to be reset afterwords, and adding codes should work.
Configure will run getCodes.
The lock code schema was changed some time back, running configure should reset it.

I unpaired the the lock and put it 1 foot away from the hub. Repaired it and left it there for 15 minutes. Moved it to it's new location and ran a zwave repair. No change.

It gets the current codes in the lock but cannot add new ones.

This lock worked perfectly in SmartThings but refuses to work 100% in hubitat.

1 Like

The only thing I haven't done was a complete reset of the lock. I didn't want to do that because I didn't want to lose the current codes I had in it.

What parameters are you using for setCode?
It should be code number (slot), pin code, then name...
If you enter the same code number and pin code, but a new name, it should rename the existing code.

I have some odd behaviour with setCode. Sometimes it sets the code ok, and the Current States "lockCodes" displays correctly, but then immediately afterwards it refreshes, and "lockCodes" then displays the newly set code with a load of unicode.

Also getcodes and setcodes only works for one of my YRD256 locks, but doesn't do anything for the other lock , and no errors show up in the logs.

slot
pincode
name

It's working now but setting codes takes between 30 and 60 seconds. Deleting a code can be 1 second or up too 1 minute. I am assuming that is because of the constant SSL handshaking ?

@mike.maxwell is it possible to change the text for the set code so it's not cryptic ?

You'll be happy with the next release.