Lock Sends Unknown Event

I have a Yale Assure Lock 2, which pairs using the Generic Z-Wave Lock driver. (I don't see anything more specific for it.)

One of its nice features is that it can tell when the door has closed and auto-lock itself. While I wish it would expose that as a contact sensor, it doesn't at a Z-Wave level, so there's nothing to do about it at the hub side.

However, I've noticed that the lock state in Hubitat is a bit unreliable, and some mild probing shows why.

If I manually unlock and lock the door, everything looks right:

However, if I manually unlock the door, close it, and wait for it to lock on its own:

It seems that the lock is sending a different message for the case where it locked itself, and Hubitat is skipping that message.

What more information could I provide to help get this message parsed properly?

1 Like

Tagging @bcopeland.

1 Like

This is good… I’ll see what I can do with this

2 Likes

If I am reading this correctly, it is sending zwaveAlarmEvent: 254 (0xFE) which is defined as "Unknown event/state"

Can you point me to the definition? I'd like to pass that along to Yale.

I think @bcopeland is in touch with Yale. They had sent him that lock to develop a driver for.

Ugh. Unlocking from the app also sends

2022-12-23 10:57:18.054 AMwarnskipped zAlarmType:6, zAlarmEvent:254, alarmType:224

So the event isn't just non-standard, it's ambiguous. Possible issue with the lock?

Clearly it knows what the state is, since it can show correctly in the app. Do I have a bad Smart Module?

1 Like

Response from Yale support acknowledges the issue and promises a future firmware update that will make it send sensible events.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.