Locative Presence app for iOS full setup

I actually find the multiple geofences to be one of the most compelling features of locative, even if you’re using them at one location.

I tend to set a smaller radius for one, which sends the “arrival” http call to Hubitat. And a slightly larger one for the “departure” webhook.

That way any automations I use for arrival don’t happen when I’m too far away, and departure automations won’t occur just because I take a few steps outside the house (or due to a momentary drift of my phone’s location).

The Geofency app for iOS can do the same thing.

4 Likes

That’s a neat idea I never thought of.

I am using a modified presence driver that also has location. I have three locations defined. If Alexa is asked “where is Steve” she will identify I arrived or departed home/work at whatever time.

I plan to also add an arrival timer to the driver so each presence has its own countdown independent of the global timer I have in RM.

1 Like

I would like to create a switch on a dashboard to manually toggle the virtual presence switch. Can anyone point me to instructions to set that up?

1 Like

This doesn't seem to provide the instructions I'm looking for.

Does anyone have instructions to enable a switch on the Dashboard that would allow me to manually change the "Arrived" or "Departed" state as shown in Part 1 step 4 above?

Add a new EZ dashboard, add the virtual contact/switch device to the dashboard in the configuration menu that comes up when creating the dashboard, then confirm and you should see the device tile on the new dashboard.

1 Like

Change the Device Type for your Locative Virtual Presence device to Virtual Presence with Switch, instead. Then make sure you can change presence status of the virtual device with the On and Off commands.

You can then add a tile to the Dashboard that uses the Switch Attribute, and corresponding commands, to change the Presence Attribute.

2 Likes

BUT in reality this should never be necessary with locative except for debugging. And for debugging you can use the driver page.

2 Likes

That solved it. Thanks.

1 Like

This is very cool. Thank you for sharing. It's putting the geo "features" of the Hubitat app to shame.

1 Like