Locative for presence sensing

Try enabling the following feature.

I have a "Request Designer" that was made mandatory during one specific release of Locative. We reached out to the developer, and I recall him making a change to not required a "Designer" to be used. It is probably this feature. Give it a try!

1 Like

Thanks for the engagement. Still no joy. I turned on logs and got this in the last request:

Dec 14, 2022 at 2:37:46 PM
Bailing out due to no Webhook URL.
Which is weird since there is one. That was when I clicked "Send Test-Request". I'll have to drive out my home area and see if it work for real. Not sure which webhook (URL) is used for the Test-Request anyway.

This is the URL used for the "Send Test-Request"

Yours look pretty blank to me. :wink:

I have never tried the test out but I have that field you pointed out blank as well

I think we need to focus on you geofence pages.

Mine looks like this.

Yep, it's correct. And copying/pasting the webhook URLs causes my presence to toggle properly. I don't think the location is updating again. And I have "Always" for Locative location settings. I'll be leaving soon for a haircut and will keep an eye on it again. Presence is such a pain and clearly one of the best things to use to trigger things around the house.

At this point your issue does seem to be app/phone related. Since you are on iOS I'd suggest trying out Geofency to confirm where the issue is. While it is similar in concept I prefer it to Locative, it is a bit easier to understand the options. It's under active development and even has a Mac app.

So the phone definitely sees me leave, but the connection says no response. Perplexing. Of note, the URLs for arrive and depart are kind of greyed out and unselectable while away.

I have a silly question.

Have you made sure you are using the Cloud URLs and not the Local URLs from your maker API app?

Those cloud URLs only show up when you flip the switch to Allow access via Remote/Cloud.

Yep. And I know why you would ask.

1 Like

That is odd. I just checked Locative on my phone, while away from home, and I can still edit the URL's for my geofence location.

So I'm back home and they are not editable here either. So odd.

From the location screen in Locative, you can pres and hold on the location and then it pops up with Trigger Enter/Exit event. Have you tried these while you are home?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already. I saw you have typed these into a browser and they work, but it sounds like the URLs in locative are still an issue.

And yes, URLs are accessible all the time as well.

1 Like

I agree. This is weird. iPhone security’s maybe. I will try to recreate your issue.

I tried the "send enter" etc. and get the same NO RESPONSE error.

I set location to Never, turned off Background refresh and disabled cellular data usage and disabled my wifi and I still can not get the URLs to be inaccessible like in the screen that you posted.

I’m going to try deleting the app and associated data and start from scratch. Thanks guys.

1 Like

Just to close the loop. Reloading Locative seems to have cleared the problems with my phone. Reporting perfectly now. Thank you for the help. The acid test is yet to come: putting it on my wife's phone where nothing seems to work right. Fingers crossed...

2 Likes

So far. So good. This seems like a viable solution for my wife's phone too. Thanks all!

2 Likes

To add on: Locative is the most accurate presence sensor I have used. Thanks again for the assistance @ogiewon @steve.maddigan @bill.d .

2 Likes

Glad to hear Locative is working well for you and your wife’s phones. I have been very pleased with its performance, reliability, and minimal battery usage.

2 Likes