Living in AU & use the Tuya based Wifi products

Okay so I bought a Hubitat Hub a few months back and was looking at selling it.

I live in Australia and use a few WiFi connected Tuya based products Mirabella Lighting, Anko Camera, Grid Connect Cameras and a few Kogan items like Diffusers and Dehumidifiers now my partner hates it all across apps and wants them to work if the internet is down but I can't get them across. Which from reading a lot it not overly possible. But I don't want to go and buy new products just right now but willing too over time.

Honestly I get obsessed and trying to to set things up take too much time and the partner, well he gets pretty annoyed that I shut the rest of the world out. Haha. So what I'm saying is I need help and ease trying to move over specially trying to get things in AU. ( Partner hates spending too much money).

Also on this note I was able to win him over to being a smart home is when I can automate his greenhouse with watering, opening windows, turning on fans and stuff so any advice on that would be great too thank you.

I'd rather not go to any other Hub seeing as I already have this one. Plus other question, we both like the idea of being able to control things and see cameras while away from the home.

Thank you in advanced.

First suggestion of using a Zigbee and ZWave Hub like Hubitat is to try getting only Zigbee and/or zwave enabled devices. Otherwise using wifi devices has dependency on connectivity via cloud integration where you have to install the corresponding App on your Hubitat and set up the integration. Any connection via cloud integration will NOT work when there is no Internet connection.

Also note that not all zigbee / zwave devices are supported. Best to check the supported device list or search in the community on any custom device handler shared in here.

A simple work around is using a Amazon Alexa device or Google Hub that act as a voice command centre, which allow connection to devices that may not have connectivity with Hubitat. For example, my TV is connected to my Alexa device and zigbee devices connected to Hubitat are shared via integration with Alexa. So if needed I setup rules on the Alexa platform. Beware that most Tuya/SmartLife devices are also not supported on the Alexa platform.

One last point. Zwave devices in AU is unreasonably expensive comparing to those from the US. So not advisable if you have tight budget.

ENjoy your Smart Home Automation journey!