Litter Robot users - what litter do you recommend?

Not really. Yellow with a Z-Pi 7 (or USB Z-Wave stick, if you donā€™t want to add ann internal Z-Wave radio using the Z-Pi 7) is essentially a Hubitat C-7 without Rule Machine. Setup is no more difficult (and perhaps easier) than Hubitat. Any of the Home Assistant variants, once you get past the hardware differences, are the same. But it still does not have Rule Machine, which, in addition to this community, is Hubitatā€™s greatest strength. Just my opinion, of course.

If you want/need PoE, just get that variant of Yellow.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking at the instructions for yellow with POE kit, I was talking about the putting the physical pieces together, looks like it doesnā€™t include the compute module, isnā€™t that essentially the motherboard, hence necessary? Assembling all the physical pieces and installing the OS. Is it not as complicated as those instructions make it seem?
From a future options standpoint yellow looks better. From a get up and running green looks better. Iā€™m still open to both.

You can buy it with or without the CM4. When I bought mine, the CM4 was hard to get, so you couldnā€™t order the complete version with CM4 from Home Assistant (or any of the authorized Raspberry Pi vendors), so it bought a CM4 (at a premium, sigh) on eBay. All Raspberry Pi variants are fairly readily available now at the standard price.

Iā€™m not very price sensitive; my focus is more on future proofing. For this reason, when I order any computer-related equipment, I generally max out all the options, memory, speed, etc.

2 Likes

For those considering an HA Yellow, there's an 800-series GPIO z-wave option from Zooz; the ZAC93. I was lucky enough to test this when it first became available with my HA Yellow. Works really well, and is readily available for about $18 at The Smartest House.

1 Like

Thanks, ordered, will replace my Z-Pi 7.

1 Like