List of Incompatible Devices

I have a Zooz water valve with the following data:

• deviceType: 3
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x85,0x59,0x25,0x20,0x27
  • deviceId: 1298
  • manufacturer: 338

It pairs as a Generic Z-Wave switch, and works fine, but I would prefer a water valve device type which shows Open and Closed instead of On and Off

These “auto-pair” once I put the hub in discovery, and I don’t see any mention about the security configuration in the instructions.

@krlaframboise will you be porting your driver from ST to Hubitat for this device type? I have the same device and hoping for a driver as well. Thanks

no need, I’ll have something in the next build for this

3 Likes

I bought a Peanut Plug remembering it was on the list of compatible devices, but now I wish I had done a quick search of the forums here because I am having the same issue as @Navat604.

I have tried @patrick's suggestions, and also tried pairing close to the hub and at a distance from the hub, and it's never recognized.

SmartThings recognizes and pairs almost instantly. Why would that be the case?

Note that I have no way to check or update the Peanut's firmware (both of which require purchasing an Almond router), but by all reports they are still being shipped with an older firmware that doesn't support power usage reporting.

I could care or less about power usage reporting; I'd really just like to do some testing of it's Zigbee repeating capability. Now it's an $18 paperweight.

@patrick - did you update the firmware of the units that worked for you? Either way, I honestly fail to understand how updating the firmware would help at all when with whatever firmware my unit has it pairs so easily with the SmartThings hub.

I have not updated firmware. Mine paired in place, quite a distance from the usb stick.

Zigbee devices do not have to be paired directly to the USB stick. In fact, I’ve found that its better to pair it in place, where you plan to use it.

In limited testing, the only issue I’ve had pairing things was when I had a runaway app that was overloading the system. The UI was slow but not too bad, but with that app constantly refreshing a device, nothing would pair.

If you have anything aggressively polling or refreshing devices, try stopping it temporarily and see if pairing works.

This was what I tried initially. Of course this device is my first one with Zigbee repeater capability, so it can only pair directly to the USB stick of my Hubitat.

Since I'm currently unable to pair some Xiaomi buttons that I was previously able to pair, this is interesting to hear. But I'm still running precious few apps. How does one figure out if there's a runaway app? There's no way to view resource usage on the Hubitat, is there?

I don't have anything like that going on. Just a bunch of Xiaomi devices and some Sengled bulbs connected, and only using a handful with some very simple setups at this point. I am still trigger-shy on moving everything over to my Hubitat.

Typically its going to show up in Live Logs, significantly slow UI or really slow simple app execution.

Is it possible the buttons already show up as paired in Zigbee Information and are just listed as "Device" I've had a few times where I thought I was trying to pair something, turned out it was already listed in Zigbee Information and was a "Device" in my devices list.

If it helps. You can leave it with ST and still be able to use it on Hubitat with Hub Link.

I had a Zigbee device that would not pair, no matter what I tried. Someone mentioned that if the Hubitat Hub was using a higher number Zigbee channel, that may be an issue. I was on channel 26 (the highest). I lowered it to 17, waited until all my other Zigbee devices re-home to the new channel and then the resistant Zigbee device immediately connected. Might be worth a try.

Definitely not. In all of my attempts to pair those buttons and the Peanut Plug, I've kept the Zigbee log window open to watch for events, and those buttons were definitely not already in my devices list. I have noted all of their Zigbee IDs and use that as a sure-fire method to identify whether a device is listed or not.

Additionally, both the Peanut Plug and the Xiaomi devices have very specific LED flash behavior when pairing is successful or hasn't happened.

Finally, if a Zigbee device is "new" to Hubitat (not already in the devices list,) then the very first evidence that pairing has begun is that it's Zigbee ID is displayed during "initialization".

Thanks for pointing that out; however, I specifically bought the Peanut Plug to serve as a Zigbee repeater, and it won't be able to do that as my plan is to move all of my Zigbee devices over to my Hubitat.

I switched to channel 13 a week and a half ago, specifically chosen not to interfere with my ST hub's Zigbee and my WiFi router's 2.4GHz channels. I've tried pairing my resistant Xiaomi buttons on five other channels with no success, but I haven't yet tried any other channels with the Peanut Plug to see if it will pair - so I plan to do that next chance I get.

@mike.maxwell once you get to the Iris keypad driver, it would be awesome if this driver had the lock capability so that it can act like another lock. @bravenel has mentioned there will eventually be a lock manager app so it would be awesome if these came together so that the keypad codes could be managed with actual locks and perform various actions and automations when locked or unlocked.

2 Likes

Iris Keypad support would be great…you know what else would be great? Entry/Exit delays :smiley: the one thing smartthings can’t seem to understand. Its been done through “cloud apps” on smartthings so it can be done, I am very much looking forward to local execution of security. Smartthings isnt so smart when it has a security system that can be foiled by an internet glitch (or a frequent samsung server outage)

Good news is Hubitat Safety Monitor supports delays out of the box!

2 Likes

I know!! Its great! Now just need to get the keypad working!

Yeah, I gave that bugger the standard Maxwell hour the other day, no beueno... thought it would be simple as I ripped through all the iris fobs in short order.
Anyway this one is going to take some packet captures to sort out, so unfortunately that moves it to the later, rather than the sooner pile.

Would a ST driver help? Here is one that I have used.

1 Like

Tried it as a last resort, and a nope. we're not dealing with a specific, not so often used cluster properly, so it's a platform issue, not a driver one at this point.

@mike.maxwell Replacing some of my older GE switches with newer Zwave Plus models. I also purchased a Zooz on/off switch too. Found a few that paired as devices so I wanted to provide the data:

GE Smart Fan Control Model ZW4002
Data * deviceType: 18756

• inClusters: 0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x26,0x27,0x70,0x56,0x2C,0x2B,0x7A
  • deviceId: 12593
  • manufacturer: 99

This works fine withe the GE Smart Fan Control driver

Zooz Z-Wave Plus On / Off Light Switch ZEN21 VER 2.0
Data * deviceType: 45329

• inClusters: 0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x85,0x59,0x25,0x27,0x20,0x70
  • deviceId: 7708
  • manufacturer: 634

This works fine with the Generic Z-Wave Smart Switch driver.

1 Like

Do you know if the power meter on these work in Hubitat? I have about 10 of these and have been "forced" to use them as regular on/off with no power meter. Would be super cool if I could actually use the power meter as well as this opens up way more flexibility.

Thanks.