Link to a style sheet in File manager?

I'm flirting with something that needs to have a css file - if I put it in filemanager, can I call it? has anyone tried it? Local? remote? Does HE do full css3/html5/XHTML? I haven't actually run any tests to see how far I can get it to go since I never use the dashboard involved.. I know dashboard has that css panelly thing but thats no use to me.

Thanks in advance!

I am still using a customized older version of SmartTiles. Earlier this year I wanted to make a “local” version that didn’t depend on files from the internet and successfully uploaded CSS files to file manager and edited the code to the local URL. So yes it works but bear in mind there is no folder structure in file manager which can create challenges.

Only issue is the remote/cloud version of the dashboard don’t work since it doesn’t have access to the local file manager CSS file. Wanted to mention in case that would impact your use case.

1 Like

my brain isn't functioning well - I remember doing something once with a cat named Librasun so we could bypass filemanager and use Gdrive for app data storage or something and we did get it working but I didn't keep work product on that project - it was a battery manager app I wrote for tracking battery types, qty, change dates etc. I still use the app but I kinda sorta lost the original code I built it from cept the google part. have to reinvent I guess.
It might be possible to customize the app to bury linkref - starting the research now.

1 Like