Limits using Email with WebCoRE

Are the limits on daily emails still 50? Also, are there any other limits, like monthly, or hourly, or other?

That is my understanding.

Another question about emails. I use Send Email to send a text message to my cell phone using the Verizon email address that gets received as a text. While that works, I'm finding that there can be a significant time difference between the time it is send, or at least when the command is sent, and when the text is received, on the order of 1 hour. I realize there are many players involved in making this work, but is there any reason why sending an email via a piston could be delayed in Hubitat or WebCore? Is there any way to determine the time that Hubitat sent the command to the cloud?

webcore logs should show what happens in the piston HE side.

are you using a the sendmail app on HE, our built-in email in webcore servers?

Built-in email server.

How do I access the Webcore logs? I only know about the Hubitat logs. Or do you mean the piston logs?

piston logging full or medium should show you when it was sent to the webcore servers.

@ipaterson could comment on what is in the webcore server logs

I can change the piston logging for the piston that showed the problem today, but I have many pistons that use this technique. In the past, any of them could randomly show the problem, although today's problem at about a 1 hr lag is the worst that I've seen.

This shows the problem, but in this case, the time it was received by my cell phone was 5:42pm, which looks to be a 10 min difference.

So the piston execution looks clean.

The remaining two places to be checked are the webcore server, and then if your phone provider is delaying things.

@ipaterson - do you have webcore server email logs that line up to the time?

My first impression is it may be your phone provider, but Ian can see if there is any delay in the webcore email service

The email action hits the webCoRE API immediately and then the server dispatches it to Mailgun for delivery. I do not have access to the Mailgun account so I can't tell whether it is responsible for further delays or rate limiting.

In my experience, while Mailgun may occasionally be delayed it is generally fast to deliver. I suspect that the delay may be coming from Verizon. Fortunately that can be tested by sending emails to the vtext address from your own email provider to see if similar delays affect those ad-hoc messages as well.

There is also a 30 email per hour limit in addition to the 50 per day. That is in the webCoRE API so you would see "Throttled – Too many emails per hour" (or day) in the log.