Like, Shortage

You, sir, are my hero!
:heart:

4 Likes

Oh the end is near. You watch. We will perservere!
:wink:
Hold my Beer
:beer:

5 Likes

You are cray @april.brandt

5 Likes

I represent that comment @bcopeland
:rofl:

5 Likes

May I just add that I've been unsuccessful in gracefully divesting myself of all of my allotted likes. As I'm not going to just "click" like to get rid of my likes in a frivolous manner, I've found it difficult to be able to use them all in an intellectual manner. Has anyone been successful?

5 Likes

I haven’t run out either.. There was just too many good posts happening in this large community for the previous limit..

5 Likes

I have to admit, I wasn't on the forum much yesterday as I was fixing the texture in my newly remodeled bathroom. I just wasn't happy with it. Now that I'm satisfied with it, life will continue to move forward. I will still be working on divesting myself of these intellectually valuable hearts.

6 Likes

Hi there hubitaters.
:grin:
I'm sooo bored. No love around today?

3 Likes

I hear you. Not able to run around like normal, do projects around house and help friends and family. But family is healthy so cannot complain too much. Hope this thing blows over quickly and my extended Hubitat family stays healthy as well!

7 Likes

:point_up_2: :grin:

3 Likes

:point_left:
Mee too.
Have a pi coming tomorrow. :grin:
And
A C4 on Friday.
I got shit to do, my friends. April's gonna be calling for some help for sure!

[EDIT]
#micdrop
:microphone:

7 Likes

I get jealous every time I read posts about everyone's spare time to start new projects. I'm considered essential so I'm working and recently on the weekends too :pensive:
But then I get home and I see my wife's face after dealing with two kids all day every day for the past 2 weeks (while working from home) and realize, I didnt get the short stick after all. :bowing_man:
I look forward to reading about all the new cool stuff the HE peeps come up with. I'll live vicariously through you all :smile:

6 Likes

And I want to thank you for that!!!! Most people don't recognize that there are still many amazing workers out there that do what they have to do to keep us going! THANKS!!!!!

5 Likes

Dan appreciate that, but I'm just support for the folks truly put themselves out there. The nurses and clinicians are simply FANTASTIC. I always had respect for them over the years, but it is truly amazing what I've seen the past few weeks. I honestly dont have the words. I wish there was a way I could give them all my "likes" so they know how much I appreciate what they are doing.

4 Likes

So what you planning on using the pi for...I'll take guess and say Node-Red :wink:

4 Likes

It's here and i haven't a monitor with hdmi and can't leave my office (because I'm working so hard :wink:) So I'm just looking at it. I have no idea where to begin anyway, so I suppose I'm in for a read. (sigh)

3 Likes

I never had to start the config without a monitor but I know you should be able to boot and use ssh by editing a text file on the sd card..assuming you are going to use Raspbian that is.
So we don't side track this one, post any questions on the NR chat (or start a new thread) and I'm sure out veterans will help you through. It's really not as hard as it seems at first.

3 Likes

You sure do know how to spread the
:heart:
The kicker is that I have a C4 arriving tomorrow. What to do first? Will I sleep? If I do, how for how long? Pi, hub, pi hub pihubpihubphubpibhu ... bah
:rofl:

3 Likes

Here’s a good place to start:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/

6 Likes

I feel your pain. I'm in the IT department at a courthouse. We keep the public safety offices on line for the county and support 3 police departments, so we're also considered essential. That is why I'm working from home. I'm on call 24/7 and have been for the past 8 years. My nest is empty, so my time is my own when I'm not working. My boss is amazing, and I'm old enough to be his mother. We get along great and make an amazing team. Hang in there Stephan. I think it'll get easier.
:grin: :kiss:

6 Likes