Lights

yes they our paired directly and the aeotec is native to Hubitat, and the sonoff is on the native nue zigbee switch. all function correctly when using HS directly but the info isn't getting through to HomeKit

ok, hopefully others can help you narrow down the issue with the state changes getting through.

thank you,,
do you mind me asking was I correct to add port 8000 in the setting of my Eero for both Hubitat and homebridge and also, change the dns to the one that my Eero server has? have I got that correct at least lol

So, the issue sounds like it is related to the HomeBridge Plugin you're using. I would recommend you post any HomeBridge specific questions in the appropriate discussion thread for the plugin you've chosen.

ok thanks, I am using the Homebridge Hubitat Tonesto7. it looked simple enough but I must have done something wrong there as it seems your right the break in the chain seems to be there. I will see I can find out what I have done thank you

it appears there's a bug with Homebridge Hubitat Tonesto7 and the only fix is to just keep re adding them until they work. I may try home assistant to see if I have more luck with there hub maybe they can link Hubitat a little more reliably

I use @dan.t's MakerAPI Homebridge plugin and it works great. It is nice to have options! Good luck!

2 Likes

thank you I will try it out

HERE IS THE BUG: When you add devices by going through the App's config, select the device in the section, click "Update", then click "Done" at the very bottom, and, importantly , then just leave the screen. The device even though is getting added to the app's config, will not be subscribing to get events, even if you reboot the hub. So, the solution? You must complete the asinine sequence of the config screens, because clicking "Done" does not really mean done, no! After clicking the "Done" once in the config and after the screen refreshes, you must scroll down again, and boom!, there is now a "Next" button, which you must click, which brings you to the "Please Donate" screen, where you must click "Done" again. And that will make device behave as expected. .

that was a copy and past sorry

for some reason my paste isn't working and the config is too complicated for me to type out with the makerAPI option

You probably want to post this in the main thread for whichever homebridge plugin you're using. Doesn't appear to be the one linked to by @ogiewon because it uses MakerAPI and not a specialized app.

I got a successful config saved in makerAPI and that still doesn't work29/01/2022, 20:55:49] [Hubitat-MakerAPI] Initializing Hubitat-MakerAPI platform...
[29/01/2022, 20:55:49] TypeError: The "url" argument must be of type string. Received undefined
at new NodeError (node:internal/errors:371:5)
at validateString (node:internal/validators:119:11)
at Url.parse (node:url:169:3)
at Object.urlParse [as parse] (node:url:156:13)
at Object.init (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/lib/util_http.js:96:26)
at Object.init (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/lib/api-homebridge-hubitat-makerapi.js:66:19)
at new HE_ST_Platform (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-makerapi/index.js:122:15)
at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/server.ts:440:40
at Array.forEach ()
at Server.loadPlatforms (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/server.ts:372:27)
at Server.start (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/src/server.ts:159:29)

Please use the thread linked to by @ogiewon to follow-up.

makerAPI actually freezes up homebridge

Then you've done something incorrect. Again, I would suggest following up on the thread @ogiewon linked to.

I can't work it out
I am using this and it says its ok but it just don't work
https://dantapps.github.io

I followed the link provided and I worked out how to copy and paste now to make it easier but it still freezes when I try

Well in my adventure last night I seem to have broken it all, nothing is working at the moment I think I will maybe reset and try again