Lights not working

I have 8 3A Nue 9w RGBW smart lights. I can connect them via manually Zigbee.

Once added I change the device type from device to Advanced RGBW bulb and press configure. The light then changes state a few times then I'm able to change the state or turn on/ off. A few moments later it stops working and is stuck in the last state. Sometimes if you turn the light off then on at the switch it works again but not always and in the lounge room for example I have 4 lights that only 1 is working.

I have tried factory resetting and starting again with the same result.

Any help would be great. Please let me know if you need any specific logs or screen shots of config.

Are they zigbee 1.2 bulbs or is it a controller? I can't find much info on them.

the exact model is WL-SD001-9w (according to the box)

they say they are ZigBee 3.0, ZigBee repeater=Yes

the box also says it works with Hubitat

1 Like

If they're actually 3.0 that blows my thought out of the water... It's behaving like a zll 1.2 bulb. I'll have to let someone else jump in here.

amazon.com.au/gp/product/B096B43LR6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How close is the light to your hub or a mains powered repeater? Also what do live logs say?

If it comes up as device there's something wrong with the detection of the bulb I would think. I'd turn on any logging you can before hitting configure again.

1 Like

They are in the same room. It's about 4m max distance between the hub and the furthest bulb.

1 Like

It's ZLL according to the Amazon page... I can never remember which it which....

Try the generic ZigBee rgbw driver. Other Nue devices seem to use that on the compatible devices page

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=List_of_Compatible_Devices

Yeah but if it's 3.0 it shouldn't matter about mixing with ZHA

1 Like

I tried that and same result

It may depend on what they meant by compatible with HE. I couldn't see it on the list of devices.

Do you have another type of hub you could test with, like a hue bridge, etc?

1 Like

no i dont have another hub, this is my first lot of smart home stuff outside of a google home

Unless you have any other ideas @rlithgow1 , it may be one for Mike?

1 Like

Yeah, @mike.maxwell might have some better ideas.

1 Like

This may also be worth a look at the same time....

thought I would give everyone an update. I ended up reaching out to the seller. It turns out that the devices needed a firmware update that I couldn't do via the Hubitat app. I sent them back to the seller who updated them and sent them back and now they work perfectly as an advanced RGBW Globe.

Thanks everyone for the help :smiley:

3 Likes

Seems all the current ones being bought need that firmware update. They should release the files so the dev's can add them to HE

2 Likes

I would do like @rlithgow1 says and see if they can send the firmware to Hubitat so everyone who has one of these could update.

2 Likes