Lights incorrectly changing on a secret schedule?

So, I've had a rule which worked great for about 6 months but suddenly is doing weird things.

1. I have a scene for a single WiZ bulb that is their dynamic sunset mode. This bulb is the only device in the scene. Select function of activate device Off
    Turn off all Scene devices is set to Turn off all Scene Devices

2. I have a basic rule that activates this scene at sunset. No off time. I turn it off via my dashboard.

3. Suddenly, it's started functioning properly for 1 minute, then at around one minute turning the light to a different color

4. Simultaneously with changing the color it turn turns on a light in another room that isn't included in the scene at all

5. This has happened every day for several days

6. The only other thing I can think of is that Mode Manager is set to change the mode at Sunset +6 minutes, but this has never affected the scene before and this and if it were the mode change I would expect a 6 minute delay.

7. The time stamps also seem off, because the dining room light turns on at the same time that the lamp changes color. Slightly after the color change I think, technically.

Check Alexa hunches.

2 Likes

Thank you! There was an active Alexa routine that I don't remember programming at all. Very strange, but I think that solved it! We'll see tomorrow evening

Alexa is terrible with this. She mumbles "by the way I can do blah blah blah" and you without thinking say "OK", or "I guess so". And she starts doing whacky things.

Between Alexa and robot vacuums, I am horrified about what is going to happen with self driving cars. It will be like Death Race 2000 out there...

2 Likes

Stop teasing me...

1 Like

Yeah, I think they rebranded "hunches" to just magically appearing routines, so don't be surprised you don't remember programming it, because you didn't.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.