Lighting using motion sensors AND schedule

I have a simple use case I can't figure out how to do. I have some lights that I want to run on schedule in the evening (e.g. ON at Sunset, OFF at 11PM), but from 11PM until sunrise I want them to come on for a few minutes like a motion activated nightlight.

I'm already using instances of Room Lighting to run some lights on a schedule, and others using a sensor, but not both. I'd like to do this in a single instance of Room Lighting, is that possible? Or will I have to use multiple instances or fall back on Rule Machine?

Thanks
Chris

Sounds like two instances of room lighting would be best. Thats exactly what i have done with my outside lighting.

1 Like

Go with two instances. Making is simple is best.

2 Likes

Thanks @jason12 and @Sebastien, I'll give that a shot. I just wasn't sure if there were any potential issues having multiple instances.

1 Like

The general advice (from the HE founder who created Rule Machine and Room Lighting) is to focus on simplicity. Two focused RL instances will be easier to create and maintain/update, and using two won't put any additional load on your hub. Win/Win.

1 Like