Lighting timer did not operate

My outside lights were to turn off at sunrise but didn't and also the the living room lamp did not turn off. I went to the hub and it couldn't find the hub. Tried advance with MAC address and nothing. Decided to reboot the hub and that worked. So my question is does this happen often?

Depends on what you have running. If you are trying to run something like WebCoRE, then yes, it will most likely happen a lot. But you can try and track down why your hub is locking up by disabling different apps one at a time until you can issolate what is causing the problem. You can also contact support but if you have user apps installed on your hub the first thing they'll tell you is to disable them and see if it still happens.

What types of user apps do you have installed? How many devices do you have connected?

I am only using Simple Lighting. I just got the system up and running.

Do you have a static IP assigned to your hub in your router?

Yes. At first I didn't then Friday I set a static address.

I have mine about 6 month, no issues. What version software do you have? There was a recent version that some people had lost connections to the cloud, but it was quickly fixed.

Version 2.1.3.128 I don't do anything with the cloud on HE. Maybe this was a fluke. I hope so. I sometimes have to go away for a couple of weeks at a time and would like this to work without worrying.

What do you mean "don't do anything on the cloud"? Your hub has internet access correct? If not, then the hub will not know what time it is so any time bases automations won't work.